Cold calling for cancer

walleye

Super Genius
MN
Anyone have a script or advise they would share on cold calling individuals for cancer insurance?
Thanks

Here's the basic premise of Combined Insurance approach:

"In 5 minutes I can show you how you can get paid cash in the event of an emergency. It's quick, easy, and hassle-free."

"You know how health insurance pays doctors and hospitals when you get sick or hurt?" <yeah>

"Well, our policies pay YOU."

Adjust as needed.

"In 5 minutes I can show you how you can get paid cash in the event of an emergency. It's quick, easy, and hassle-free."

"You know how health insurance pays doctors and hospitals when you get sick or hurt?" <yeah>

Adjust as needed.

I like this approach. Simple and truthful.

Adjust as needed.

Nice approach!! Easy and simple.

Don't use scare tactics like 1 in 3 will be affected by cancer etc...I haven't sold a cancer policy in years since the ones I see today aren't that great...I was use to sell 100% of actual chemo charges etc..best product from a very good carrier but no longer available for new business..I guess it was just to good to be true and the company was losing money on that block of business
100% chemo benefits went the way of the Do Do bird because if they were provided today, few people would pay the required premium. A single chemo treatment can cost $1000s depending on the chemicals/drugs that are used. The current plans stll provide good benefits for the premium required.

Informing people of the frequency of cancer is not a scare tactic. It is simply providing information to people as to why they may need to consider the plan. I don't think I have ever presented a plan without telling them, "Cancer will strike 1 out of 3 women and surprisingly, since we tend to think of cancer as a woman's disease, it strikes 1 out of 2 men. It is also the leading killing disease of school age children. It is no respecter of sex, age or race..and the thing everyone has in common if they are diagnosed with cancer is they need money.. often, lots of money."

rousemark,
best of luck to you, I started out selling cancer supplements (captured agent) and did real well in that business. However I was having clients ask me about other products like major medical/life/disability etc..which the company didn't offer (or product wasn't competitive) so I decided to go independent and now represent several companies with a lot more products n options
I started in 1971 so I have been around a while... Have specialized in the life, medicare, major medical and supplemental health markets at various times. Back in the early 80s, I brokered AFLAC and then Life Investors cancer. Now, I do mostly cancer, accident and "burial" because I want to keep things simple.

Very very simple ... incorporating DHK's pitch.......Intro, Story, Presentation, Close, Rehash ....(Introduce yourself)...Hey______, my names Elliot, I'm calling from ABC Insurance.....(give them your story)...I'm just reaching out to some of the neighbors to discuss a plan that would give you cash in the event of an emergency. Similar to how health insurance will pay the hospitals and doctors, our policies will pay YOU. I was just looking for about 3 minutes of your time to explain how the policy works, answer any questions you have, and get out some literature for you to do your own due diligence." .... Get into your presentation if they say yes, you don't necessarily have to simply send out an email and hope that they get back to you...do your best to CLOSE, schedule an appointment, and then rehash everything you went over and solidify the appointment. Now you can send the email so they have some literature to review while they're off the phone with you and show to their SO, or other family members/friends. Keep good notes on each and every prospect, be organized, schedule appointments accordingly and make sure you can conveniently reach each prospect without having to reschedule.

1. OP, are you cold calling over the phone or d2d?

2. Can someone explain what your "story" is and the purpose of it?

Back