Cold Calling for Cowards

Thank you. I'll have to say on this one though that the stories and conversations in the book are what make the chills run up and down your spine.

Last edited:
John Savage's book of "High Touch Selling" is GREAT! But I think the magic in it is because I have heard and seen John Savage in audio and video. When I read it, I read it in his voice.

Make sure you pick up this mp3 here for free too:
John Savage System

Now, the only possible problem of reading these older books, is that regulations and strategies will change over time. Back then, computers weren't so widely available. Agents used rate books to quote and compile their customized recommendations. I believe it would take a few days to generate an illustration from the home office. So don't forget to take context into account as you read them. Get the principles, but not necessarily take them word for word. Adapt and apply.

I think I had not gotten to the point of thinking about a specific cost and return dollars and cents table from a specific company.

What Feldman told me is that insurance is not useful for what it is. It is useful for what it can do. So the salesperson of insurance should approach learning insurance from the perspective of how it solves needs.

"Life" creates transitions in individual people's lives. Transitions create instability. Insurance provides some solutions for the instability of transition.

Relationships create dependencies. Dependency implies need. If relationships are broken, needs are unable to be met. Insurance provides some solutions for the problems of unmet needs in the event of broken relationships.

Packages are little portions of the "Insurance Product" which can be inserted into specific life situations to make them more humanly bearable.

His presentation is down pat . . .

I think he has actually come to my house once back in 2012. Another group of sales guys for the same company came through in 2014 and had almost the same type of presentation. I always buy from the good ones because I'm in sales and I love a strong presentation. The product is ok... but I love the energy they have doing a thankless job.

Back