Cold Calling for Cowards

That's a loaded question. Frank's system will have absolutely have you rockin it! Pinpointing a percentage is tough. It varies based on sales skills, etc.

If you're talking about people you've qualified with Franks script and are headed to the home to seal the deal, it should be quite high my friend, you should do very well if you listen to Frank, don't reinvent the wheel, even though I am as we speak, LOL.

PS; Anyone who knows me knows I don't drop off info or just talk, everything I do has a commitment objective, and that objective is to sell.

Go for it buddy!

Rob,

I was using 1% to give a worst case scenario. I would like to get way over that and by practicing and actually doing it I certainly hope to get better at it. I've never really tracked it so I don't know what that number is for me right at this moment.

Please keep in mind that I am not talking about appointments just to talk or to drop off information;with Frank's script the the deal is basically done before you go to the home.

What would you say would be a a good number?

Well I must be terrible. Started calling on homeowners offering them MP and cant get anyone to book an appt. Its only been my second day but I have called about 170 people but probably only have talked with about 40 or so. 3 people have been open to sending an email but man its been tough. Kind of new agent but still Im getting my ass kicked :no:

Here is my pitch

Hi, could I speak to (Prospects first name) please? Hi this is (Your

Name), and I’m calling about your mortgage? How are you doing

today? (wait for response).

The reason I am calling is, after closing your new mortgage loan

Recently, we mailed you the information on our

New Low-Cost

Mortgage Protection Program

Do you recall receiving the information? (wait for reply)

Great. As a reminder, this program will pay off your mortgage in the

event of death and pay your house payments in the event of disability.

The Good News is; You have been pre-approved for coverage.

The company has assigned me to your case this (

Day of week) and my

job is to schedule 15 minutes with (and your spouse) to

Hand-Deliver

these documents to you, and answer any questions you may have.

(For Weekday Appointments):

Would Afternoon be good, or would

Evening

be best for me to drop by?

(For Weekend Appointments):

Would Morning be good, or would

Afternoon

be best for?

Great, I need a couple of minutes to confirm some information for the

appointment

Any thoughts?

Well I must be terrible. Started calling on homeowners offering them MP and cant get anyone to book an appt. Its only been my second day but I have called about 170 people but probably only have talked with about 40 or so. 3 people have been open to sending an email but man its been tough. Kind of new agent but still Im getting my ass kicked :no:

Here is my pitch

Hi, could I speak to (Prospects first name) please? Hi this is (Your

Name), and I’m calling about your mortgage? How are you doing

today? (wait for response).

1) You're calling about mortgage protection, not their mortgage.
2) I never ask 'how are you doing today?'. This is a big point. You don't care and they don't care to tell you. You want to establish yourself as a professional that could help them with a need, not just some salesman pestering them.

The reason I am calling is, after closing your new mortgage loan

Recently, we mailed you the information on our

New Low-Cost

Mortgage Protection Program

Do you recall receiving the information? (wait for reply)

Great. As a reminder, this program will pay off your mortgage in the

event of death and pay your house payments in the event of disability.

If they remember the letter you are in good shape. Go with it, push it hard. Ask their thoughts. Would it be good to have that protection and not have to worry about money or home if the worst were to happen to them or their spouse?

The Good News is; You have been pre-approved for coverage.

I would take this out. Make them want it and not feel it's something that will be on the table any time. Something like, 'Not everybody qualifies. I'd like to come by so we can see if you do. It shouldn't take too long'

The company has assigned me to your case this (

Day of week) and my

job is to schedule 15 minutes with (and your spouse) to

Hand-Deliver

these documents to you, and answer any questions you may have.

(For Weekday Appointments):
Would Afternoon be good, or would

Evening
be best for me to drop by?

(For Weekend Appointments):
Would Morning be good, or would

Afternoon
be best for?

Great, I need a couple of minutes to confirm some information for the

appointment

Any thoughts?

Comments in blue

Thanks for replying Tins. TBH I havent cold called in a while but points 1 and 2 sound great! Thanx! Im getting back into the insurance game after about 5 years. Worked for GEICO and The Hartford mostly selling P&C but ran across a friend doing well selling Life so its been a while and my phone skills are pretty rusty :/

Oh, and nobody remembers that letter.

Usually people will say they don't remember so I say oh I know we get so many things in the mail, anyways this is a program to protect your mortgage in case of death with the use of life insurance. I an going to be in your area on ....is ....a good time? Are you married...if yes then is that still a gods day for you and your spouse? If no then I was only asking because if you were its best for both to be present.
Always try and sound relaxed and no pressure...if that's not a good day or time suggest something else...don't let them bc they'll spend forever thinking and then say let me think about it etc.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh and only say you're going to be in their area if its true

Last edited:
Oh and only say you're going to be in their area if its true

No always say it because if you get the appointment its true assume the sale and sound busy!
Thanks for replying Tins. TBH I havent cold called in a while but points 1 and 2 sound great! Thanx! Im getting back into the insurance game after about 5 years. Worked for GEICO and The Hartford mostly selling P&C but ran across a friend doing well selling Life so its been a while and my phone skills are pretty rusty :/

Oh, and nobody remembers that letter.

True nobody remembers it so you don't really send one right?

Last edited:
Joshy,

If you are cold calling how are you getting your lists of recently closed mortgages? Are you going to the courthouse and getting the info yourself, or are you buying a list?

8 people per hour X 4 hours = 32 prospects per day
32 prospects X 5 days = 160 prospects per week
160 prospects X 50 weeks = 8,000 prospects per year

SO just how many people should we be cold calling per hour to get the 8 people that are willing to talk with you?? 8 interested an hour just sounds like a lot

8 people per hour X 4 hours = 32 prospects per day
32 prospects X 5 days = 160 prospects per week
160 prospects X 50 weeks = 8,000 prospects per year

SO just how many people should we be cold calling per hour to get the 8 people that are willing to talk with you?? 8 interested an hour just sounds like a lot

No, those are 8 people talking to in an hour! 8 people, maybe one of which is interested. This number will fluctuate because you could get some people that say "no" and hangup, and then others you will get an instant "hell yeah let's do this" and then most you have to poke and pry into a yes or no. Sometimes it might be 10-12 an hour, others it might be 2-3 depending on who you get.

8,000 people who are interested would be nice but probably not likely for every agent. 1-2% of those people who buy would be 400-800 people.

Last edited:
Back