Cold Calling - Physicians and Dentists

redsquash

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Has anyone succesfully tried to cold call medical professionals. If so, whats the trick other than buying lunch/snacks for their office. I cannot compete with large pharmaceutical companies in giving free lunches to doctor offices, and also not in a position to give them free tickets for basketball games.
This week, I just cold called physician and dentists offices and reached nowhere.

My plan was to leave a message on their voicemail - but none of them has voice-mail (now I can understand why). The front desk girl would take the message and may be would forward to the doc.

Any suggestion?

I recommend buying lunch for a drug rep and picking his/her brain. While they are slightly more welcome, they do face the same difficulties you do when first talking to a doctor's office.

Hard - I have a client who is a physician as he is a friend & I have known him for years! Trying to work into other but... let me know what works for you. I dropped off a folder with some information inside, nothing thus far.

Has anyone succesfully tried to cold call medical professionals. If so, whats the trick other than buying lunch/snacks for their office. I cannot compete with large pharmaceutical companies in giving free lunches to doctor offices, and also not in a position to give them free tickets for basketball games.
This week, I just cold called physician and dentists offices and reached nowhere.

My plan was to leave a message on their voicemail - but none of them has voice-mail (now I can understand why). The front desk girl would take the message and may be would forward to the doc.

Any suggestion?

Wasting your time!!!! You would stand a better chance getting through the Pittsburgh Steeler's defensive line than getting through the gatekeeper at a doctors office.

I am in the process of writing a large dental office but that is only because we are in BNI together..

How has Direct Mail worked for these professionals? Or would that also be waste of time AND money?

It is tough to get through to those offices - when making calls to them ask for the office administrator -pick their brain they normally know what the drs do about their insurance in some cases(smaller offices) its their wives
How great is your program?

1st off medical and dental offices are notorious for not providing benefits to their employees. The groups under 10 could be a waste of time.

So you want to go after 10-20 life medical practices.

Check into the association plans that both professions will have access to. This way you will have knowledge on selling against it.

You need to ask for the office manager. The doctor does not have any time to look at the benefits being offered.

Back