Cold Calling Script For Life Insurance

Unless I miss my guess, it's gonna take a lot more than a sketchy estimate to convince any one that these kinds of numbers were achieved solely cold calling.

What else ya got?

I'm not trying to convince you. You asked if I know someone who has done it and I do.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Louis, did you target a certain age group?

Last edited:
I'm not trying to convince you. You asked if I know someone who has done it and I do.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Louis, did you target a certain age group?
Back then it was young married couples with children as that was the age group I was in myself.. We looked for toys in the yard. We also looked houses and yards that were well kept on the theory that if they took pride in their home, they would also take pride in their insurance and pay their premiums. Even though it was a debit situation, I never did work the lower income areas.

I know a few producers who do over $300,000 FYC that started their career with a phone book. None of them do it any longer, they progressed to more efficient marketing and made much more money doing so. However, they would not have had the opportunity to get there without it without first building their marketing funds and sales skills from cold calls.

I am still amazed out how well it works. I make bread and butter sales consistently off of completely cold contacts. It's not all I do (referrals from clients and COI's are the other portion), but it does represent over 70% of my FYC. Set one meeting today with a large general contractor in the area. Called him a month ago, stopped out and met his wife as he was not in, did something nice for him that cost me 65 cents, then called today and scheduled a lunch meeting for next week. It may go no where, but just getting in front of people with a completely cold call is possible if you are polite and ask for what you want. Give them a chance to say no.

Last edited:
Hi Full Throttle..

You said 70% of your FYC came from Cold Calls... Can you share your cold calls script with me? I like to know more about how you are doing it..

Wow DHK, Rousemark, Xrac thank you for your comment and also the script (thanks DHK) .. i never realize that my script was that bad.. hahaha..

i really appreciate help from you guys..

p/S: sorry my English wasn't so great
Well answered moff ... i think those who are commenting, so called GURU's..you have taught lessen to them..
All the best for whatever you are doing..

Hi Full Throttle..

You said 70% of your FYC came from Cold Calls... Can you share your cold calls script with me? I like to know more about how you are doing it..

I just ask small businesses owners for five minutes to introduce myself, then go show them the type of work I do and try to get something going. About 1 in 5 seen will lead to a case opened, I close 1 in 3 of cases opened. Basically, I introduce myself to a lot of people and close a few.

Introduction,
State the reason you're calling,
Mention a strong benefit of what you're pitching,
Add in who you've talked to/are doing business with locally,
Ask for a 10-minute meeting to show the person what you have to offer.

You cannot really be afraid to cold call. I hate to call but once the person comes on the line after about a minute, it is not bad at all. Usually I call from older leads or B leads. What I do not do is go door knocking. Many life insurance companies still want to get agents to to that but that is not for me.

Door knocking isn't for me... So cold calling on phone is no problem. Use to do sells on phone for radio advertisement. My biggest problem is finding the right script that will lead to an appointment. I have a great phone voice as I have been told. Most people immediate start talking with no problem. Leading sells script is what I am looking for. Final expense market is my base. So If I just start with
Hello this is ____. with ___.
I am calling in reference to final expense whole life insurance.
Do you have a plan in place. (If no proceed, if yes change up)
What would be a best time to meet to go over a plan that is best for you and your family..
(Most people don't like letting strangers in house..We have had problems in the area with elderly being rob and hurt.. So...)
I am local and flexible on my time.
(Alot of the time people ask for an quote over the phone. I am trying to avoid this.)
(change up)
$10,000 is the most popular plan for final expense.. Is that your plan.
I can set up a time to explain any questions you have on your options.
thank you have a blessed day (my ending conversation)

Critique me please.. any suggestions...or am I good.:biggrin:

Back