Cold Calling Seniors

midwestbroker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Columbia, MO
Just so I have this correct...

Cannot cold call for MA, MAPD or Part D

Can cold call for supplements, final expense, LTC, etc.

Correct?

I know it is in the new rules but rather then search through that I thought I would just ask...

Just so I have this correct...

Cannot cold call for MA, MAPD or Part D

Can cold call for supplements, final expense, LTC, etc.

Correct?

I know it is in the new rules but rather then search through that I thought I would just ask...

That's right and you can't cross pollinate sales talks unless they ask you about other product first and even then you can only leave information and then get permission in writing for an appointment at least 48 hours later.

I have two buttons i am going to wear to my AEP appointments.If its an MA appointment i wear my " Got Life ? " button and if it's an FE or Med Supp appointment i will wear my " Got Part C ? " button to prompt the discussion. Just kidding

Get permission in writing...gotta love people who never sold insurance or have had any long conversations with seniors dictating the rules.

Get permission in writing...gotta love people who never sold insurance or have had any long conversations with seniors dictating the rules.

Right on. Getting a signature on anything , even if your giving away money is a challenge because it seems like an obligation.

Government workers never really have to convince someone to sign a document so they can't really appreciate the effort it can take much less the effort it takes to sell and service the crappy private Medicare plans their boss ( Bush Administration )told them to stealthily push on beneficiaries.

Clinton was the one that standardized the plans in the 1997 balance budget act. They were called Medicare+Choice.

They have been "stealthy pushed" on seniors since the mid 80's. Approx 30% of seniors in the Kansas City market have a MA plan.

Clinton was the one that standardized the plans in the 1997 balance budget act. They were called Medicare+Choice.

They have been "stealthy pushed" on seniors since the mid 80's. Approx 30% of seniors in the Kansas City market have a MA plan.

I know but they failed in all but the high density senior populated areas like Miami because the balanced budget act balanced the budget in part by cutting funding to Medicare + Choice.

I say stealthy because the MMA in 2002 was a mission to privatize Medicare but had the Bush Administration used plain talk with the Grey Panther constituents and say " Our goal is to privatize Medicare but we know it can't happen overnight and you wouldn't accept it even if we could so we will accomplish this by encouraging voluntary participation in Medicare Advantage using bait and switch tactics and once enrollment gets to a critical mass there will be no turning back because all the healthy people will be in MA and all the sick people will be left on original Medicare and the original Medicare risk pool will become a cesspool and premiums and cost share will continue to increase therefore increasing MA enrollment even more until Original Medicare is a thing of the past " the Medicare Modernization Act of 2002 would probably have not become law.

So most seniors are still not fully aware that Medicare is being privatized they are told they are not losing Part A or B but getting Part C and that will now have a wonderful plan that must be good for them because it says " Advantage " right on the box it their " Advantage " and their MA plan is especially good because it's called something like "Advantage Gold Double Plus Premium Plan " and comes with unlimited free visits to PCP Dr Vvishen Rimmandhri office

It doesn't look like anyone wants to make a public stand on cold calling fe, med supp or ltc. The CMS guidelines are fairly ambiguous... depends on who is interpreting them.

what's the status on contacting your current clients that have an MAPD about the changes for 2009 and maybe talking to them about Medicare supplement coverage instead

It doesn't look like anyone wants to make a public stand on cold calling fe, med supp or ltc. The CMS guidelines are fairly ambiguous... depends on who is interpreting them.

What would you like me to take a stand on? I cold call seniors almost every day for Med Supps and will continue doing so. If I was still selling FE and LTC I would be cold calling seniors about those also.

That's about as "tall as I can stand" on the issue and as public as I can make it.

I guess I'm kind of confused. Is there a question in your post that I missed?

Back