Cold Calling on a Snow Day

Best time to catch people at home

I do it, but it's harder. If it's a heavy snow...no place to park. Also people don't want a stranger tracking snow, etc. into their house(I've left puddles from melted snow from my shoes) and I've had them tell me they needed to shut the door because they were letting in cold air...I was still on the outside when they closed the door.

But it is a good day to catch people at home(if they answer the door). Even though it's harder, I still do it.:yes:

It's all perspective. If you visualize people being grumpy and not wanting to answer their phones/doors then it's much more likely that, yes, that will be the case.

On a bad weather day, or a national holiday, you're always going to have a better opportunity to get in contact with people. I expect people sitting at home with time on their hands to be more open to communicating. Depending on your posture (don't seem desperate) it is very attractive to people when you are willing to do business on these days. It says that you work hard and are willing to go the extra mile.

Believe in yourself and the fact that your time is valuable. Clients will take you as seriously as you take you seriously. You are working on these days because you want to optimize your time and earn the right to take off on other days that you plan. I'd much rather be working while it's snowing or on MLK Day than during July 4th weekend.

Back