Cold Calling is So Controversial!

Cold calling is so controversial. Some people swear by it, some people hate it. I specialize in B2B so it is not alot of calling Joe Schmos at their houses saying hey you want some health insurance. It is calling on specific companies. I think cold calling is a very necessary thing! But has to be done right, not spam'y. Too many slick talking salesy types calling is a real put off! But have a really good person do it, pay more money for this, and it pays off. What do you guys think?

Cold calling is so controversial. Some people swear by it, some people hate it. I specialize in B2B so it is not alot of calling Joe Schmos at their houses saying hey you want some health insurance. It is calling on specific companies. I think cold calling is a very necessary thing! But has to be done right, not spam'y. Too many slick talking salesy types calling is a real put off! But have a really good person do it, pay more money for this, and it pays off. What do you guys think?

People who say cold-calling is a waste of time are either too lazy to do it, too scared to do it, or have built up a BOB where they don't have to do it. Just this very morning, I picked up a check for $7800 that was for commercial insurance on a pest control business. How did I get it? I cold-called him in February and stayed in contact, and wrote the business Friday.

Cold-calling definitely works.. You can count on it!!!

Just don't knock on someone's door at 8pm like the CutCo rep did at my house last night! *lol*

Just don't knock on someone's door at 8pm like the CutCo rep did at my house last night! *lol*

If you come knocking on my door after dark uninvited, there's a .45 behind the door when I answer it. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Leah I did both when I started my agency in 1998. B2B and residential telemarketing. Like vadwayne said I got my biggest account from commercial telemarketing painting store owner took a year to close the deal called him every month till I moved him from his AAA policy.

B2B is easy in term of telemarketing since the business owner is always looking to save on his fixed expenses. You notice a business owner always has two check books!:biggrin:

Last edited:
If you come knocking on my door after dark uninvited, there's a .45 behind the door when I answer it. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

You could say that Cutco rep was bringing a knife to a gunfight!

It literally blew my mind. I couldn't believe that guy was really out there at 8pm on a Sunday evening. Gotta admire his gumption, I guess?

You could say that Cutco rep was bringing a knife to a gunfight!

It literally blew my mind. I couldn't believe that guy was really out there at 8pm on a Sunday evening. Gotta admire his gumption, I guess?

If more insurance agents, inlcuding me, had his gumption there wouldn't be as many on here complaining about their incomes and number of apps. written.

Last edited:
Controversial to who?

People don't want to work. For about every 100 calls I make I get 1 solid lead.

If you do not have any other forms of marketing you better pick up the phone or get out of this business.

I had a couple of great sales guys from other industries that could not hack insurance cold calling. I was shocked!

Latest posts

Back