Cold Calling Sucks - But It Works

Hey tell me how to change my caller id. I think any advantage you
can get is a good one. Some of these guys have sticks up their rears.

Why would you want to change your caller ID? Do you really think it is going to increase sales?

I call from my land line, have been for over eighteen years. I have never sensed that I have ever been at a "disadvantage" having my land like number come up. It even comes up when I'm calling another state.

I feel I would like it to show I am calling locally.

But you aren't. I think it is more of a "fig-newton" of your imagination. They usually ask me where I am and I use to tell them, Fulton, MO. Now I tell them Jensen Beach, FL. What are you going to tell them when they ask where you are?

Now I have a 772 area code and that is what comes up. This time of year when I'm calling northern states it gives me something to talk about. Focus on the call, turning it into a conversation and helping them make intelligent, well-informed decisions. You are over thinking it.

If you really want an area code for an area you are not in get a Magic Jack. $40 for the unit and then $20 a YEAR for the service which includes free long distance. You can get a number in any area code. It is VOIP so you must have high speed internet. Uses any telephone. For me it is a clearer call then what I had with my land line from Bell. You can take them with you and make calls from anywhere. I called clients from Florida and they had no Idea I wasn't in Ohio.

Why would you want to change your caller ID? Do you really think it is going to increase sales?

I call from my land line, have been for over eighteen years. I have never sensed that I have ever been at a "disadvantage" having my land like number come up. It even comes up when I'm calling another state.

When I get spam calls that say they are local on hold. The first time I say remove me from your list. After that I call it from my blocked line for a couple hours with redial.

I need to get out more.

When I get spam calls that say they are local on hold. The first time I say remove me from your list. After that I call it from my blocked line for a couple hours with redial.

I need to get out more.

That's why I keep having to change my phone number. Otherwise you won't answer.

Rick

Back