Cold Calling Sucks - But It Works

Thanks for sharing this post. You just made me laugh. Anyway, I agree that cold-calling sucks in some ways but if it is done the right way by the right people who have the right skills, it can produce great results. It is not about the medium but the people employed and technology used.

You can even take their gaurd down by saying things like...

This probably won't interest you and if not its no big deal but...
I've been working with several people in your neighborhood
and figured you might have some of the same challenges
their facing so...

do you do a neighbor search in case they every ask "who in the neighborhood have you been working with?"

do you do a neighbor search in case they every ask "who in the neighborhood have you been working with?"

I wouldn't disclose a name unless I had specific permission from that person to do so.

"I'm sure you understand that for privacy reasons, I can't disclose that without their permission first. However, I would like just a few minutes of your time to show you the kind of work I do... and you can judge it for yourself."

Gotta show that you can be trusted with people's information - even when cold-calling.

I'm reading this more than a year after it was posted, but it'd be great to check out the script you used for small group health prospecting... brokers, in my experience, seem to be convinced that cold calling for that doesn't work. You have to get in with something else, THEN work your way into taking over the whole show. I disagree and think it's all about what you concentrate on cold calling for.

Example #2: I met this client two years ago off a cold call. Helped him restructure his company's health plan and saved him about $20,000 a year with better benefits for the employees! He later told me he hates getting cold calls, but I seemed different. He called me up today for two reasons: first, to refer me to his mother for a med supp, and second, he wants to sell his business to the kids and wants my help pointing him in the right direction. He has referred me to other business owners in the community and to his kids as well.:idea:

Example #2: I met this client two years ago off a cold call. Helped him restructure his company's health plan and saved him about $20,000 a year with better benefits for the employees! He later told me he hates getting cold calls, but I seemed different. He called me up today for two reasons: first, to refer me to his mother for a med supp, and second, he wants to sell his business to the kids and wants my help pointing him in the right direction. He has referred me to other business owners in the community and to his kids as well.:idea:
Great job you must stand out from the herd.:cool:

***applauding you***Great work!

Back