Cold Calling Sucks - But It Works

i agree, thnks for the stories. if you really cant get a referral, cold calling does work. its crazy but it really is a numbers game. now people im surew have different numbers but i remember back in the day, if we made 200 calls, we would get 2-4 leads. like clockwork.

Hey Guys,

I'm still kinda new at this so I hope this isn't a dumb question but I've seen people in this forum talking about "auto dialers"-just wondering what exactly is an auto dialer and how does it work? Thanks

Shannon

What folks mean when they say "auto dialer" can mean a few different things.

Power dialer: Dials multiple lines at a time, such as SalesDialers.com, MojoSells, or similar services. Usually good for a single user.

Predictive dialer: Tracks average call time and "predicts" when to be dialing so that telemarketers are spending more time talking to prospects and minimize wait time. For a single user this actually wouldn't make much sense. Some companies refer to their power dialer as a predictive dialer when it's not, or at a minimum, folks only use it as a power dialer. For most folks it doesn't really make a difference what it's called, the key thing is that it's dialing out multiple lines at a time and filtering out busy/disconnects/etc.

Voice Broadcasting: Sometimes this is referred to as a "robo call" or a "press 1" service. As of September 1st, 2009 it is illegal to use this for business to consumer marketing, but some folks do still do it (for reasons I likely will never understand).

Does that make more sense?

I have heard everyone saying, the only du*b question is that was never asked.

So, if the Power dialer dials multiple lines at the same time, and multipe people answer the phone at the same time - who's going to talk. I'm sure, the prospect will not hold for a tele-marketer.

Power dialer: Dials multiple lines at a time, such as SalesDialers.com, MojoSells, or similar services. Usually good for a single user.

That's a great question and it shows that you get how the system works.

Generally, folks don't answer at the same time much on a b2c campaign and you can also drop down the number of lines that are dialing out at a time.

When more than one prospect answers the phone at or close to the same time it will put the second one into a holding pattern with a message and you are 100% correct, generally folks won't stick around and wait to be called.

I think Callfire just will drop the other calls after a few seconds. They don't play a message. I only run 2 lines and according to Callfire I have a abandoned rate of 10 to 20%
which doesn't make since.

I think Callfire just will drop the other calls after a few seconds. They don't play a message. I only run 2 lines and according to Callfire I have a abandoned rate of 10 to 20%
which doesn't make since.

That could very well be. According to the FTC, anything over a 3% abandonment rate is unacceptable; I'm surprised yours is so high. Are you calling b2b or b2c?

That could very well be. According to the FTC, anything over a 3% abandonment rate is unacceptable; I'm surprised yours is so high. Are you calling b2b or b2c?

I am calling B2C. Some are aged leads and some are cold calls. I think the cold calls rate was 15%! There can be no way I am dropping that many live calls. This is why I think Callfire counts answering machine pick ups as a dropped call when on line 1 and there is an answering machine on line 2.

That makes more sense. With two lines you shouldn't be anywhere near that on cold lists or aged leads with two lines.

Back