Cold Calling Sucks - But It Works

I was reading through this whole thread and it was mentioned that someone wanted to change the caller id tag that comes with your phone.

I learned that trick a long time ago.

My phone ID rings in as "grandson" :) Most people pick up!

I was reading through this whole thread and it was mentioned that someone wanted to change the caller id tag that comes with your phone.

I always like to start any relationship with a lie too.

Do you have one post on here were you are not judging a person? or have a snyde comment?

Just wondering how guilty you are feeling.

And for your comment its not a lie. They pick up I tell them who I am.

Do you have one post on here were you are not judging a person? or have a snyde comment?

Just wondering how guilty you are feeling.

And for your comment its not a lie. They pick up I tell them who I am.

I'm generally pretty tough on liars. And yes it is a lie, and its illegal. You are not allowed to change your caller id when telemarketing to hide your identity.

You ASSume a lot of things.

Thanks for the tip:D

So which is it? Do you change it to "trick" them or not?

When you are unethical, you will always get called out on it.

Ignore list is a great tool here. I started looking through your posts to notice what type of person you are. If I were you I wouldn't be casting stones!
Have a great life.

Ignore list is a great tool here. I started looking through your posts to notice what type of person you are. If I were you I wouldn't be casting stones!
Have a great life.

Since when would I care what a dishonest and unethical person thinks?

Come on Vol, give the guy a break. I don't like broadcasting "grandson" on the caller ID, but it's far from unethical. If it actually was the persons grandson it would most likely show up with their name anyway, for those few people that actually have the callerID as opposed to just seeing what the number is.

Come on Vol, give the guy a break. I don't like broadcasting "grandson" on the caller ID, but it's far from unethical. If it actually was the persons grandson it would most likely show up with their name anyway, for those few people that actually have the callerID as opposed to just seeing what the number is.

Sorry Josh, but I have to disagree. Its clearly designed to trick seniors into thinking its their grandson calling.

You told me about some of the crap that went on in the MA market. Stuff like this is just more fodder for CMS and state legislatures and the DOI to further regulate us.

Back