Cold Calling T65 and Selling Over the Phone

captain94

Guru
100+ Post Club
Right now I cold call T65 and set the Appt. and go see them selling medsupps. I run a 4 county area around my house.
This has been very successful for me.

I am thinking of trying to expand my area to the entire state, however that is not reasonable in some areas to drive to.

Who has successfully COLD CALLED T65 new to medicare and been able to sell them over the phone? I would like some tips, as I always go see the people. Thanks!

Right now I cold call T65 and set the Appt. and go see them selling medsupps. I run a 4 county area around my house.
This has been very successful for me.

I am thinking of trying to expand my area to the entire state, however that is not reasonable in some areas to drive to.

Who has successfully COLD CALLED T65 new to medicare and been able to sell them over the phone? I would like some tips, as I always go see the people. Thanks!

In the past I have targeted T65 several times but not tried T65 by phone. I find the older ones a whole lot easier to sell to and very receptive to purchasing over the phone. You may find that T65 are extremely receptive to purchasing over the phone.

When you call them and get ready to set the appointment you may want to suggest that if it is more convenient for them they can take care of it right now. You just need their Medicare Claim Number to get it started.

You may initially want to try that to get a feel for it knowing full well that if they balk at it you are prepared to see them. When you get it down pat then expand into the areas further away.

If you are having good results doing it F to F then, with the right phone presentation, I would give it a try if I were you. Just know that there will be a learning curve. Selling over the phone is a different technique.

Don't hang your hat totally on what others have to say. You know who you are and that you are good at what you do. Take what you have learned doing it F to F and keep adjusting it to make it work over the phone. It may take a while so don't get impatient.

I think you answered your own question: you!

I have sold them in person not over the phone. Im looking for advise on selling over the phone. Thanks!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"You may initially want to try that to get a feel for it knowing full well that if they balk at it you are prepared to see them. When you get it down pat then expand into the areas further away."

Good advise Frank, I will continue what I am doing and just pick one day per week to call and try to close over the phone until I get a good feel for it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back