Critique My P&C Cold Call Script Please

todd02

Guru
100+ Post Club
We are using this script/conversation to get P&C quotes. Let me know if you think its to long winded. I actually got this script from our telemarketing dept at Farmers.

Hi Mrs..or..Mr.., This is (_____) with your local Farmers Ins agency how are you today? Great? First off I want to let you know that I'm not calling to try and sell you anything, the purpose for my call is we have a office in your neighborhood and I'd like to ask you a few questions if thats okay.

Are you happy with your current insurance Program?

Has your current agent kept you advised as to why insurance rates have increased so much?

Usually by this point if they don't sound like they are mad or unhappy with their current insurance program we say thanks have a great day. If they are unhappy we tell them, well i'm sorry you are having that experience. We would love to give you a comparision over here at Farmers and see if we can save you money. All I need from you is a few bits of non personal infomation like, what vehicles do you drive...

Please critque. I bought MOJO so now I'm not sure if I should get a straight to the point script or use this one.

Also i've searched EVERYWHERE and i'll I can find on this forum is scripts for med cold calling. Any threads about p&c scripts? If not lets use this one to get ideas rolling.

Thanks,

Todd

I don't do P&C but I do buy P&C insurance, so I'm going to give you my perspective on it.

It "sounds" good, but I know immediately that there's something you're trying to sell me and you're not being honest with me. Now, I might forget all that if you get my hyped up about my increases, etc.

This would work just as well (in my opinion) without being dishonest: (I just took the middle dishonest part out)

Hi Mrs..or..Mr.., This is (_____) with your local Farmers Ins agency. The purpose for my call is we have a office in your neighborhood and I'd like to ask you a few questions if thats okay.

Are you happy with your current insurance Program?

Has your current agent kept you advised as to why insurance rates have increased so much?

Usually by this point if they don't sound like they are mad or unhappy with their current insurance program we say thanks have a great day. If they are unhappy we tell them, well i'm sorry you are having that experience. We would love to give you a comparision over here at Farmers and see if we can save you money. All I need from you is a few bits of non personal infomation like, what vehicles do you drive...

Yup Tripple post monday, But I got 4 different responses that I can use tonight. If I would of posted in 1 place I might have only 1 opinion.. :) come on, I'm in sales, its a numbers game ;)

Sorry about being repetitive though.

Thank you for all of your input! Anyone else have a P&C script they use that works well?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi Mr… or… Mrs… This is Kristin with your local Farmers Ins agency and the purpose of my call is to let you know that since we LOWERED our auto insurance rates, we have saved our clients a SUBSTANTIAL amount of money. In order to get you a FREE insurance comparison I only need to ask you a couple of quick questions, like what make and model of car do you drive?
Good script???

Last edited:
"How are you today?" - ditch that line. You don't care how they're doing and they know you don't care. Just go into your script.

"I'm not calling to try to sell you anything." Yes you are, don't lie - starts out with the wrong tone.

Wow no need for insults...

They wouldn't be necessary if you didn't clutter the forum with the same post four different times.

You'll find that the help you request will be a lot more forthcoming if you have some respect for the forum and it's members...

And from the looks of your "cold-calling script" -- you need it!

Back