Critique My P&C Cold Call Script Please

todd02

Guru
100+ Post Club
We are using this script/conversation to get P&C quotes. Let me know if you think its to long winded. I actually got this script from our telemarketing dept at Farmers.

Hi Mrs..or..Mr.., This is (_____) with your local Farmers Ins agency how are you today? Great? First off I want to let you know that I'm not calling to try and sell you anything, the purpose for my call is we have a office in your neighborhood and I'd like to ask you a few questions if thats okay.

Are you happy with your current insurance Program?

Has your current agent kept you advised as to why insurance rates have increased so much?

Usually by this point if they don't sound like they are mad or unhappy with their current insurance program we say thanks have a great day. If they are unhappy we tell them, well i'm sorry you are having that experience. We would love to give you a comparision over here at Farmers and see if we can save you money. All I need from you is a few bits of non personal infomation like, what vehicles do you drive...

Please critque. I bought MOJO so now I'm not sure if I should get a straight to the point script or use this one.

Also i've searched EVERYWHERE and i'll I can find on this forum is scripts for med cold calling. Any threads about p&c scripts? If not lets use this one to get ideas rolling.

Thanks,

Todd

No offense, it's horrible. I would scrap it. Never say "how are you today?" or "we're not trying to sell you anything", the former is insincere and the latter is a complete lie and they know it.

"Hi _______, it's John with Farmers Insurance. Many people I speak with don't get excited when an insurance guy gives them a call, but before you hang up (said jokingly) , would it be okay if I give you my 30 second pitch?"

"I've talked to a number of people lately in this economic environment looking to save money where ever they can. If we can save you some money on your auto or home owners insurance, and I'm not sure I can without looking, would it make sense for us to have a further conversation?"

If yes, get info to run a quote.
If no, move on.

SO you are not trying to sell them anything unless they are unhappy.

Most of the time when I hear that you are not trying to sell me anything, that just means, you trying to act like your not trying to sell me anything and it is a big red flag.

Just be honest with the person on the phone.

Hi Mr… or… Mrs… This is Kristin with your local Farmers Ins agency and the purpose of my call is to let you know that since we LOWERED our auto insurance rates, we have saved our clients a SUBSTANTIAL amount of money. In order to get you a FREE insurance comparison I only need to ask you a couple of quick questions, like what make and model of car do you drive?

Good script??? Been working on this crap all day...

No offense, it's horrible.

It may be worse than that.

"Hi _______, it's John with Farmers Insurance. Many people I speak with don't get excited when an insurance guy gives them a call, but before you hang up (said jokingly) , would it be okay if I give you my 30 second pitch?"

"I've talked to a number of people lately in this economic environment looking to save money where ever they can. If we can save you some money on your auto or home owners insurance, and I'm not sure I can without looking, would it make sense for us to have a further conversation?"

Excellent and outstanding.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Good script??? Been working on this crap all day...

Suggestion: use "Full Throttle's" script verbatim - it's much, much better.

Last edited:
One small change that I have used is that I don't specify what kind of insurance I'm calling for. I say "I am calling to see if I can help you with your insurance needs". The customer will say either what insurance quotes they're looking for or they will ask what type you do. This way you're not excluding a life insurance or commercial insurance customer by talking about home or auto.

Last edited:
We are using this script/conversation to get P&C quotes. Let me know if you think its to long winded. I actually got this script from our telemarketing dept at Farmers.

Hi Mrs..or..Mr.., This is (_____) with your local Farmers Ins agency and the purpose for my call is we have a office in your neighborhood and I'd like to ask you a few questions if thats okay.

Are you happy with the rates you are paying for your auto and homeowners policies?

Has your agent kept you informed as to why your rates have increased?

Usually by this point if they don't sound like they are mad or unhappy with their current insurance program we say thanks have a great day. If they are unhappy we tell them, well i'm sorry you are having that experience. We would love to give you a comparision over here at Farmers and see if we can save you money. All I need from you is a few bits of non personal infomation like, what vehicles do you drive...

Please critque. I bought MOJO so now I'm not sure if I should get a straight to the point script or use this one.

Also i've searched EVERYWHERE and i'll I can find on this forum is scripts for med cold calling. Any threads about p&c scripts? If not lets use this one to get ideas rolling.

Thanks,

Todd
I have made some changes to your script for you to consider. I don't sell P & C but do a lot of cold calling on the phone.

todd,
I like it that you never used the word "quote." I always ask them if they want "more information", that way you ask if it's okay to give them something rather than to get something.

Back