D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker

Whirley, loving this thread. I understand the card is proprietary, however can you share the some, or all, the 25 points are on the card?

Also, can you clarify, as in one post you stated you are door knocking lower-middle class neighborhoods, and another you mentioned door knocking a new subdivision. Not sure about AZ, but here in WI new subdivisions are far from lower-middle class. Are you NOT focused on the LMC, but just mentioned that for the period of DK'ing mentioned in that particular post that's where you were? Have you tried this in more Upper-Middle class areas?

Thanks!

Whirley, loving this thread. I understand the card is proprietary, however can you share the some, or all, the 25 points are on the card?

Also, can you clarify, as in one post you stated you are door knocking lower-middle class neighborhoods, and another you mentioned door knocking a new subdivision. Not sure about AZ, but here in WI new subdivisions are far from lower-middle class. Are you NOT focused on the LMC, but just mentioned that for the period of DK'ing mentioned in that particular post that's where you were? Have you tried this in more Upper-Middle class areas?

Thanks!

By new subdivision I mean the lower quality with younger homeowners (KB homes vs. Pulte/Richmond American)

The points are
- permanent life insurance
- disability income insurance
-health insurance
-529 plans
-college funding
-business planning
-estate conservation
-retirement funding
- term insurance
- Mutual funds
- variable annuities
- charitable giving
- long term care insurance
- service on existing insurance
- fixed immediate and deferred annuities
- mortgage protection using life insurance
- please put me on your mailing list
- other information, please call me

Age range 18-45 46-65 over 65
Name address phone email
Checkboxes for permission to call and email regarding products.

Note: I don't use these anymore because they're all NYL and I am not. But it's pretty comprehensive for the most part.

Personally, I'll probably make my own and add Medicare questions/ final expense into the mix

----------

I've followed this thread and there is one thing to remember;

He door knocked for Vivant for years before this. That means he is a pro and he likes to door knock and is fully bought into the concept.

I wouldn't expect a newb to do nearly as well as him.

Yeah, I made it pretty clear but that matters. The guys who taught me to door knock make 200,000 a summer selling 5 alarm contracts per day at a $400 commission each with no days off from May-August.

----------

I've created two proprietary pieces that are similar to what you've described.

One compares "investment grade" life insurance to 401(k)/IRA, Roth IRA, 529 plans, and Brokerage Mutual Funds on 23 different points. The biggest disadvantage to life insurance is that premiums are not tax-deductible outside of a qualified retirement plan. Everything else is either similar or is less effective compared to life insurance - when properly structured.

The other compares "investment grade" life insurance to owning a home on 22 different points. Some areas are just difference, such as the underwriting process. I still show that premiums are not tax-deductible, but also that buying a home or buying life insurance only work LONG-TERM. If you cancel your plan within the first few years, you have little chance of getting anything back - just like buying a home.

I created these 1-page comparison sheets because clients have selective memories. If they only remember things when I explain them, then that won't help when they come across a "Ramsey-ite" or some other person/website who convinces them that they were "sold" (sold having the connotation of having been "duped" into buying).

However, even if THAT comes up, I show them a "rent vs lease vs own" type of comparison where I show a minimum-funded policy and how long it takes for the cash values to exceed cumulative premium payments... and compare it to a properly structured policy. This also helps because I can say that "Ramsey is right - I wouldn't buy this plan... but I am also right because I recommend life insurance structured in this way."

Just saw something in here you can add, 80% of homebuyers go into underwriting prior to purchasing because of the loan underwriters. Not a ton of cash deals. And almost everyone goes into UW again for homeowners insurance. It's just not health underwriting

----------

I can't believe this has been viewed 3200 times Jesus Christ.

Whirleybird, I am thoroughly enjoying this thread! Thank you so much for sharing your adventures. I have an interview with NYL coming up on Wednesday. If I get the job, I hope that I can learn as much from their training as you appear to have. Keep up the good work.

Whirleybird, I am thoroughly enjoying this thread! Thank you so much for sharing your adventures. I have an interview with NYL coming up on Wednesday. If I get the job, I hope that I can learn as much from their training as you appear to have. Keep up the good work.

It's a great place for training for sure! Especially when it comes to prospecting. Just take everything in and know it's all going to change.

How is it "all going to change"?

I was referring to the DOL ruling actually. Just in my year and a half there they shaved 75 basis points off of annuity commissions, cut WL commissions by 5%; and once management changed the whole office became a different animal. This is the most regulated industry in the world next to Defense Engineering and political lobbying. Just expect change so that when it does happen you don't get blindsided.

----------

Plus you never know when a policy you made a ton of money on is going to go through changes or no longer be sold.

----------

What won't ever change is that if you meet 75 new people per week and sit on 15 first appointments, you'll never worry about bills again

Back