D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker

Thanks guys!

I've been short on time, but wanted to at least try this out, so I went out three separate times for short periods to see what I think of it. Three different demographics covered.

-1st time by myself, went to a middle/low mid class predominately White neighborhood on a Saturday afternoon. I only had 45 minutes (I know that's not enough time) I knocked 9 doors, spoke with three, set one appointment. I was using a survey. (One lady talked my ear off)

-2nd time I went to a predominately Middle/Low mid class Black neighborhood. Went with a partner on a week day late afternoon. We're an odd couple walking together as I'm a 58 year old 5'6" white dude and He's a good looking young 6'7" Black dude. I figured we'd do better in a neighborhood like that together. Again we had a short time to knock, but he wanted to see what it was like. Knocked 14, spoke with 4, one lead for a business owner looking for someone to take over the 401(k) for 25 employees. Again, used a survey.

-3rd time was a Saturday Morning in an upscale predominately Black neighborhood, again with my Buddy. 20 door knocks (These houses were far apart so we did a lot of walking for those knocks) spoke with 5, and got one very solid appointment for Life insurance. This time we got rid of the survey, and just went right to what we do (Though not as eloquently as I will now with my revamped script)

My takeaways: This definitely works. I need to set aside some evenings for this. Black people ARE nicer, as you've all said. I need to find a Mid/Low mid class neighborhood with more young families. On Saturdays, I need to set aside 3-4 hours for this.

This Saturday I plan to finish canvassing the Upscale Black neighborhood. Unfortunately, there aren't many of those in my area. I live in the most segregated cities in the US. Because of that, even many of the African-Americans making 6 figures plus still live in rough neighborhoods. Even my 6'7" buddy won't do D2D in those places. I've been researching and think I've found the right neighborhood for what I'm trying to do.

Thanks for the help!

You're welcome! Even Jmatos (who created a door-to-door survey for insurance and that thread is around here somewhere) said that the worst people are older white males.

Personally, I think the best, most open-minded people are blue-collar people, because they would value professional advice and not think they "know it all".

Plus, you may have missed it, but on that "Facts of life" for 2013, look at the bottom of the 2nd page:
Over the next 20 years Hispanics are projected to grow three times more than any other ethnic group in the U.S. In terms of life insurance, nearly half of Hispanics surveyed said they are concerned about financial protection if they should die suddenly (compared with 37 percent of the general population citing this as a top concern)

You don't have to speak Spanish to do well in the Hispanic/Latino/Mexican-American marketplace. In fact, being "white" may be an advantage because we are seen as people who can keep things confidential and not share their details everywhere else.

You must be in the Southern States to still have such a segregated community based on family history and heritage there. Life insurance is a great "income equalizer" for future generations!

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...insurance-than-general-population-t88094.html

You're welcome! Even Jmatos (who created a door-to-door survey for insurance and that thread is around here somewhere) said that the worst people are older white males.

Personally, I think the best, most open-minded people are blue-collar people, because they would value professional advice and not think they "know it all".

Plus, you may have missed it, but on that "Facts of life" for 2013, look at the bottom of the 2nd page:

You don't have to speak Spanish to do well in the Hispanic/Latino/Mexican-American marketplace. In fact, being "white" may be an advantage because we are seen as people who can keep things confidential and not share their details everywhere else.

You must be in the Southern States to still have such a segregated community based on family history and heritage there. Life insurance is a great "income equalizer" for future generations!

Not Southern, Wisconsin! Milwaukee is the biggest city and is the most segregated city in the country.

Interesting!

Since you're in the Milwaukee area, if you haven't already done so, make sure you search YouTube for Van Mueller. He's in your area with MassMutual... and he's doing a GREAT job in the Milwaukee area.

Interesting!

Since you're in the Milwaukee area, if you haven't already done so, make sure you search YouTube for Van Mueller. He's in your area with MassMutual... and he's doing a GREAT job in the Milwaukee area.

He's in my office, but in over two years I've never actually seen him.

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...insurance-than-general-population-t88094.html

60% of my clients are Hispanic and another 17% Black. People in lower demographics NEED WHAT WE DO. Their only source of information on this is typically someone in their family trying to get them on some BS MLM and they can smell it a mile away. And us stuffy FA/Agents avoid doing business with them because (the industry thinks) it's hard to get them to save. Which it is BECAUSE WE AVOID THEM. If you want to build a thriving practice show them the effect generational wealth will have on their children. They will get you in front of everyone they know.

FAR easier to get referrals from these demographics too. Us "stuffy white" people (yes, that's me) aren't that connected to others. We tend to keep to ourselves.

But Blacks and Hispanics have LARGE get-togethers, truly believe in family, strong Catholic family values, and believe in higher education for their children.

Sounds like a perfect demographic to me.

60% of my clients are Hispanic and another 17% Black. If you want to build a thriving practice show them the effect generational wealth will have on their children.

Thanks for stats. I was thinking most of my clients would be Caucasian. Whirleybird I can't remember which products you sell?

How do you show them the effect of generational wealth?

Thanks for stats. I was thinking most of my clients would be Caucasian. Whirleybird I can't remember which products you sell?

You ask them how their life would be different if instead of holding a car wash for their abuelita when she passed away someone came in and gave them a check for a million dollars

----------

Also the name of the thread is the products I sell, plus financial services as well, but the bulk of what I do life , LTC, fixed and variable annuities

Back