Daily Cold Call Stats

njinsuranceguy

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
This is a great site. Im a health insurance broker in NJ and about to get started cold calling my butt off again trying to build my book before the end of the year. Would anyone like share all your daily or weekly cold calling efforts? Just thinking we could support each other and be that extra pump to help get everyone to that next level. Anyone in??? I'll definitely post all my efforts!

We've had many post this premise over the years. Nearly all of the cold call cowboys who are going to "post their efforts" are gone after three days. Max.

You're probably right Moonlight but what areas do you think a new agent should go down? I'm based in Australia, so what might work there might not here!

I found my cold calling script so far is working a treat thanks to someone on here giving me what was working for him (in a private message) and I thank him alot.

It's posts like these that discourage these kinds of efforts.
Should we have only "Great! Go get 'em tiger" posts? I beleive cold calling can work but the poster shoild hear both sides. And, M&M is right. There have been several that has promissed to post their cold calling results daily but they end up disappearing after a few days.

Should we have only "Great! Go get 'em tiger" posts? I beleive cold calling can work but the poster shoild hear both sides. And, M&M is right. There have been several that has promissed to post their cold calling results daily but they end up disappearing after a few days.

To be fair, those people tend to try cold calling for life insurance sales. The OP of this thread would be calling for health insurance sales, which people are often successful cold calling for.

I just started my own business a year and a half ago but have been in the sales end for 10 years. In fact I was the #1 new business sales producer for the largest benefits firm in the northeast where I tripled the production of over 42 brokers. I did it by cold calling ceos exclusively on 50+ accounts.

Cold calling is very easy when you do it right but since being on my own I miss the competition of the sales game. When I started on my own I brought in 20 accounts in my first 6 months but then got stuck servicing them and running the business. Now that I have the service being taken care of I am in a great place to start calling again.

Hopefully people will stick to it and we can feed off each other.

----------

There are alot of negative people in sales and seems like a lot on this forum too. Thats just the nature of the game. Theres always going to be winners and losers. I choose a long time ago to be a winner.

Hopefully people will recognize the negative comments from people are simply a reflection of the posters own failures. We can choose each moment to focus on the negatives or we can get to work and choose to be the people others envy. Your choice.

I've been in the worksite market for 11 months. 10 of my 19 accounts were obtained from cold calling. It's all about the agent's perception.

I hope more people post their cold calling success on here. Don't listen to moonlights negative crap.

My average of accounts which have around ($950 comm payout) are about 1.7 a week...from cold calling only. I want to get that to 2.5 a week. Avg yearly APV is around 1750. Then get it to 3-4 with both cold calling/referrals added as well.

Keep up the good work.

Cold Calling Ratio is 1 in 15 atm. I need it to be 1 in 10.

Last edited:

Most agents fail out for a number of reasons.

Some folks that post on here frequently started cold calling. Many agents with that are busy producing vs posting here cold call.

It's certainly not for everyone or perhaps even most, but cold calling works in 2013.

Last edited:
Back