Data

DC2188

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Where can I source ACCURATE data. Looking to filter by age, income, and investable assets. Also interested in small business owner data.

Picking up age and income accurately shouldn't be too hard, but investable assets are tough because it's literally FCRA protected info. Getting property value and credit scored data isn't too bad and off of income, property value, and credit you can get a pretty good idea of whether or not they have investable assets.

Small business owner data is a piece of cake, unless you're trying to add the above to it.

Since this is in the cold calling section I presume that was your plan with it vs mailing or were you planning on doing both?

I plan on doing both but I want to keep cost at a min so cold calling initially.

I plan on doing both but I want to keep cost at a min so cold calling initially.

Since you are cold calling yourself you need the most accurate data available. Members of the association can access data from Lead Research Group at our cost. So we're not selling to our members but allowing them to take advantage of a huge quantity discount without having to buy any minimum.

Non-members will pay about $35-40 per thousand. It's actually less expensive to join for $19.95 and just share the cost of the data on an as needed basis.

If you are a call center paying someone $3 hr in a 3rd world country then it's way better to have less accurate data at a fixed monthly price.

Rick

If you want to be trying around with different things you may want to consider the unlimited plan in my signature. It will let you search for businesses as well as consumers and it's completely unlimited access for $509/month. The data is actually pretty solid too. I've got a bunch of Prudential and NYL folks on it.

Since you are cold calling yourself you need the most accurate data available. Members of the association can access data from Lead Research Group at our cost. So we're not selling to our members but allowing them to take advantage of a huge quantity discount without having to buy any minimum. Non-members will pay about $35-40 per thousand. It's actually less expensive to join for $19.95 and just share the cost of the data on an as needed basis. If you are a call center paying someone $3 hr in a 3rd world country then it's way better to have less accurate data at a fixed monthly price. Rick

How much more accurate is Lead Research Group vs. Listshack?

Does it make a big difference?

Depends on who you ask. There is a difference in quality, but unless you're doing mailings is fairly insignificant. Most of the call centers on this forum are using ListShack along with a bunch of individual agents that do their own calling. Most folks have a positive experience with the ListShack data, but if they don't and I give them records from LRG, they usually experience the same data quality issues; that's most likely the result of the compilers having the same issues regardless of who is compiling the data.

From what I understand from agents who have used both there is a difference. I understand that the number of connects per hour are much higher with data from LRG. If you're paying a telemarketer $5 an hour then quality of data is meaningless. But if you pay a domestic telemarketer $10-12 a hour then wasted time is wasted money.

As far as mailing, a 5% difference is accuracy can cost the mailer quite a bit.

While I am precluded from advertising lists due to an agreement with LRG (seems someone complained I was undercutting their price by too much) I still provide lists to association members at a GREAT price.

Rick

Back