Dialer Due Dilgence

Ahboy

Hi All,

First off I want to say this is a great forum with lots of great info for a new agent/broker.

I am new to the industry and I am trying to do some due diligence on using a dialer. I currently do B2B sales for my full time job, so I am extremely familiar with cold calling. In order to be efficient in my part time work as a broker, I have come to find out that a dialer will be a great solution.

My dialer of choice: Dolphin
List: It seems like ListShack is an affordable and accurate source.

I will be making calls for P&C to home owners.

I understand my lists need to be scrubbed for DNC, but my question is do they need to be scrubbed for cell phones when using Dolphin?

If so, how do I get that done effectively?

Also, any recommendations on lists or dialers are welcome.

Hi All,

First off I want to say this is a great forum with lots of great info for a new agent/broker.

I am new to the industry and I am trying to do some due diligence on using a dialer. I currently do B2B sales for my full time job, so I am extremely familiar with cold calling. In order to be efficient in my part time work as a broker, I have come to find out that a dialer will be a great solution.

My dialer of choice: Dolphin
List: It seems like ListShack is an affordable and accurate source.

I will be making calls for P&C to home owners.

I understand my lists need to be scrubbed for DNC, but my question is do they need to be scrubbed for cell phones when using Dolphin?

If so, how do I get that done effectively?

Also, any recommendations on lists or dialers are welcome.

From what Ive gathered on this forum from questions Ive asked and answers Ive seen on other posts about making B2C dialer calls youll get 2 responses.

1) If you use any type of dialer click (single)(manual)(preview), power or auto you have to scrub cell phones.

2) If you use a click (single)(manual)(preview) dialer you dont have to scrub cells calling B2C as it is considered the same as hand dialing and who can really tell the difference anyway.

So I guess its up to you and how comfortable you are with the grey area. At the end of the day if your nice and say you will take people off your list that ask and aren't being rude and blowing them up day in and out you should theoretically be ok I would think. If you are going option 2 with something like the dolphin dialer there isnt a way from someone to know your not just using your cell or desk phone unless you tell them.

*I dont use a dialer but was considering doing so. There is a lot to consider with the compliance rules. If someone actually does use a dialer please let us know if you scrub cells when calling B2C or not.

The TCPA changed the rules a few years ago. You have to get specific permission when the lead information is given to call a mobile phone using a dialer. If you don't, technically you can be fined per unauthorized number you dial.

The TCPA changed the rules a few years ago. You have to get specific permission when the lead information is given to call a mobile phone using a dialer. If you don't, technically you can be fined per unauthorized number you dial.

What is the easiest way to scrub the mobile numbers, so that those can be removed from the dialer list? I will dial those manually

What is the easiest way to scrub the mobile numbers, so that those can be removed from the dialer list? I will dial those manually

The Dolphin dialer is click to dial and is arguably not classified as an ATDS so you may not have an issue with that.

If you hit up [email protected] they have a dialer that carves out cell phones when you put it in the dialer.

The Dolphin dialer is click to dial and is arguably not classified as an ATDS so you may not have an issue with that.

If youthey have a dialer that carves out cell phones when you put it in the dialer.

Thanks for the info!
I don't like the fact that dolphin is "arguably" not a ATDS; I would hate to put my neck out.

I will hit up ed!

Thanks for the info!
I don't like the fact that dolphin is "arguably" not a ATDS; I would hate to put my neck out.

I will hit up ed!

JMO.

Two things will put a target on your back. That noticeable delay before you come on the line, often with a "boink" sound too. The second is a high volume of complaints.

Avoid both of those and you will probably be fine. Of course, you may always run into that guy who is looking for a payday or just pissed at the world. But if you just apologize and offer to take the person off your list, most will just go away.

Finally, this piece of advice is worth what you paid for it and does not constitute legal advice.

If you are downloading your own leads there should be a scrub option setting. Mine scrubs against the DNC, Cells and against our own company l list. I know this because I set up the platforms our agents use. So check with your dialer company.

Some lead vendors will scrub that for you before they give you the list. You will have to ask them too what your options are.

We buy 150,000 with FE criteria at a time and about 1x per month.

The vendor we are currently buyung them doesnt scrub for cell numbers. However the dialer does and tells me how many leads it scrubbed. I take a snapshot of that report and send it to her and she replaces them.

So ck with both the dialer and lead vendor.

I feel like someone else posted this link but it's excellent and was written by Glen Shelton. Obviously Glen has a lead company but instead of looking at just that angle, I would rather focus on the intelligence factor to go out and feature and compare 12 dialers...bottom line is he is saving hours of research and time for all of us.

I am definitely going with the recommendation from his review and here is why...MONTH TO MONTH, no contracts, $109 and you can mow thru 150-200 dials per hour...that would take the average inside sales professional almost all day if they can even make that many calls.

Here is Glen's feature article if you are interested,

http://www.leadheroes.com/best-dialers/

I've never met him and don't have a horse in this race per say but I found this very informative and before I read another cold call complaining thread, this should be standard reading material. I'll post more info after I do a 2 week run on this but on the surface I see $$$ and not just running out of my bank account but actually flowing back in.

Cheers Everyone!

Back