Dialer Pricing - What Do You Expect?

Josh

Guru
5000 Post Club
The largest part of my dialer upgrade happened two weeks ago and after two more touches it will be ready to roll in a significantly different way. As a part of that I'm trying to develop a price plan that makes sense. One of the things I'll be able to do is hourly billing in relatively small increments.

The most popular dialers folks seem to be using are Mojo and SalesDialers. Both weigh in at around $99/month for an unlimited plan and SalesDialers does have a single line dialer for $3/hour.

Here are a two options I think folks might find useful, but what are your thoughts?

1. A weekly plan vs monthly. Most folks that sign up for a monthly plan don't use it all day every day all month. This is especially true during November/December when major holidays cut into the marketing times available.

2. A monthly plan with a set amount of hours. Most dialer companies make their largest margins off folks that sign up for a monthly plan and only use it for small percentage of the time. That said, for a monthly plan that includes more hours than the average user would utilize, it could cut down the cost. For example, instead of $99/month for an unlimited plan, most users would do well with a $79/month plan that offers 80 hours a month (basically 20 hours a week).

The largest part of my dialer upgrade happened two weeks ago and after two more touches it will be ready to roll in a significantly different way. As a part of that I'm trying to develop a price plan that makes sense. One of the things I'll be able to do is hourly billing in relatively small increments.

The most popular dialers folks seem to be using are Mojo and SalesDialers. Both weigh in at around $99/month for an unlimited plan and SalesDialers does have a single line dialer for $3/hour.

Here are a two options I think folks might find useful, but what are your thoughts?

1. A weekly plan vs monthly. Most folks that sign up for a monthly plan don't use it all day every day all month. This is especially true during November/December when major holidays cut into the marketing times available.

2. A monthly plan with a set amount of hours. Most dialer companies make their largest margins off folks that sign up for a monthly plan and only use it for small percentage of the time. That said, for a monthly plan that includes more hours than the average user would utilize, it could cut down the cost. For example, instead of $99/month for an unlimited plan, most users would do well with a $79/month plan that offers 80 hours a month (basically 20 hours a week).

I don't use a dialer currently but have looked at prices and think what you suggest makes sense...I love the thought of unlimited calling but what are the chances you would spend 40+ hours a week on the dialer. What is just as important is the cost for data though and the quality.

I'm happy at $99 for unlimited and do maximize it 8 hours a day. But I know from talking to a lot of agents that there doesn't seem to be an option for 3 hours a day - which is reality if an agent is going to make their own calls.

At $3 per hour, that's $9 a day or $225 per month. That doesn't make sense over the $99 unlimited. In fact, if you wanted to save off the $99 unlimited on a a $3/hr rate you'd only be able to make around 6 hours of calls a week.

So what's needed is an affordable option for 2 to 4 hour a day of calls. I find it hard to believe there's profit in unlimited calling for $99 a month but hourly has to be jacked to $3/hr.

I'm happy at $99 for unlimited and do maximize it 8 hours a day. But I know from talking to a lot of agents that there doesn't seem to be an option for 3 hours a day - which is reality if an agent is going to make their own calls.

At $3 per hour, that's $9 a day or $225 per month. That doesn't make sense over the $99 unlimited. In fact, if you wanted to save off the $99 unlimited on a a $3/hr rate you'd only be able to make around 6 hours of calls a week.

So what's needed is an affordable option for 2 to 4 hour a day of calls. I find it hard to believe there's profit in unlimited calling for $99 a month but hourly has to be jacked to $3/hr.

Something tells me very little of that $99 actually goes to pay for phone time. From what I know I would say almost all of that is for fixed costs and profit, the ratio I don't know. Minutes are dirt cheap when bought in bulk and you pay for a server whether it is working or acting as a space heater.

So I would say the $3/hr is just to recoup fixed expenses.

Don't over think it.

30 hrs of multi-line calling for $59 per month ($2 an hour). +$2 per hour for overages.

Unlimited multi-line calling for $99.

Most people won't use the 30 hours, but its reasonable. Those who use it any length of time at all with go to the unlimited plan.

By multi-line, I mean 2 lines on the $59 plan, probably 3 on the unlimited. Additional lines for extra $$$$

All depends on the market you compete in......

Something tells me very little of that $99 actually goes to pay for phone time. From what I know I would say almost all of that is for fixed costs and profit, the ratio I don't know. Minutes are dirt cheap when bought in bulk and you pay for a server whether it is working or acting as a space heater.

So I would say the $3/hr is just to recoup fixed expenses.

First, servers make GREAT space heaters. Well, they're actually super loud, but they do generate heat like a pro.

The minutes themselves are a consideration, but especially on smaller budget customers the customer service/support is what can be a killer. If you took in $3 on a client that used it for an hour and someone paid minimum wage spends more than 15 minutes talking to them, you're losing money. To that point I'll be going the way of larger tech companies and offering online support almost exclusively. I think it will actually be free online support and paid phone support.

Josh,

What about including a certain amount of data for the unlimited plan? I think that would set you apart. I don't know, just a thought.

That's not a bad idea. I definitely can combine the two, I'm currently offering a discount on the dialer for folks that buy data from me which puts it at $129/month.

I think I've actually come up with a pretty solid pricing model I think folks are going to like, just got to wait on the finishing touches and we should be golden.

That's not a bad idea. I definitely can combine the two, I'm currently offering a discount on the dialer for folks that buy data from me which puts it at $129/month.

I think I've actually come up with a pretty solid pricing model I think folks are going to like, just got to wait on the finishing touches and we should be golden.

So is it ready yet? I am actively searching for a dialer which will give results!

So is it ready yet? I am actively searching for a dialer which will give results!

It's up and running, full automation on the billing should be ready by the end of the week, but the dialer itself is up and running. I have a $79/month plan that includes 20 hours per week (more than most agents will use at $20/month less than most other plans they would be looking at).

Results are going to largely depend on the person using the dialer. The dialer itself is rock solid and performs well, but you need to have a good person make the calls to get results.

Feel free to shoot me an email ([email protected]) with any questions you have.

Back