Do Not Call List & Lapsed Policies

desiree

Expert
Does anyone know how the Do Not Call Regulations apply to life policies that have lapsed? I'm wondering if there is a certain period of time that calling is allowed after lapse of the policy, or if I need to verify they are not on the DNC list before calling.

I believe it's if they have done business within a certain period of time (30 days?) As I understand it, the last premium paid is when that time starts ticking.

Is it a sales call or a service call? Remember, DNC was enacted to prevent sales calls.

I would guess a service call could turn into a sales call pretty easy. You call to offer reinstatement but also provide other options.

How many long term lapses could you find?

I would guess a service call could turn into a sales call pretty easy. You call to offer reinstatement but also provide other options.

How many long term lapses could you find?

Sure, but is that person who wants other options going to turn you in for DNC?

Exactly. Make it a service call, offer to help save the policy or explore other options as the person wants. Done right, I can't see how you'd ever generate a complaint.

I have never had an issue (yet). I call a lot of orphans. I offer to do a review, Beneficiary change/update etc...

Back