Do You Have Success at Cold Emailing?

I am hoping to get an answer on my question: If I find a prospect's email address on a website (lets say the Chamber ot a site like LeadFerrett, manta.com, etc.) and then send a personlized email from me to the prospect only asking if I can be of assistance, is that spam? Does anyone know?

More specifically, it's harvesting emails. In application it likely comes down to how many you're sending.

And if you were within boundaries of sending the email...many emails get bounced or stuck in firewalls. But... it is a numbers game and email is quick and easy.

So what if they were aged leads? When do they effectively become opt-out? I know you can't call after 90 days, can you still email them?

I have a major difference of opinion about the way the law is vs what folks are doing. In theory they should be able to opt out as easily as they opted in, so I would consider any of them that said "please stop contacting me" to the number of agents listed on the site as being sold the leads (or a single agent if it didn't specify), but in application everyone is just doing it.

google would make plenty of money WITHOUT insurance as an industry... does that make you feel better?

Legally speaking, according to the CAN-SPAM Act, every B2B cold email should provide the addressee a way to opt-out. You can include an ‘unsubscribe’ link in your email, but this isn't a perfect solution and there are many other ways you can apply to let your addressees resign from further correspondence. Alternatively, you can add a “Disclaimer” to your email. Your disclaimer can be at the end of your email or within the body of your email. You can also send your prospect a “break-up email” as one of your ‘follow ups’ -- try to be creative with this one. Usually, if people find your email interesting, they’ll respond to it. And for the most important thing, if someone replies that they don’t want your emails anymore, always respect that. You can also read the full post about it here: Should I Give My Cold Email Addressee a Way to Opt Out? blog.woodpecker.co/cold-email/cold-email-opt-out :)

Back