Does Your IMO Say Press 1/Robo Call Leads Are Legal?

Josh, Thanks for sending the link.

Steve, I didn't realize. I made the wrong assumption that if I am contracted with an insurer, I thought I was, in essence, representing them. Thanks for the clarification.

Steve, I didn't realize. I made the wrong assumption that if I am contracted with an insurer, I thought I was, in essence, representing them. Thanks for the clarification.

Here is the best way to think of you representing an insurance company.

To determine if you a representative of an insurance company, first determine if it would benefit you to be a representative or not to be a representative. Then you are the opposite.

Here is the best way to think of you representing an insurance company.

To determine if you a representative of an insurance company, first determine if it would benefit you to be a representative or not to be a representative. Then you are the opposite.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what that means. I can answer, "Yes, I can benefit representing an insurance company." Is that the "acid test?" How does this 'answer the question' of whether or not I represent an insurer?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what that means. I can answer, "Yes, I can benefit representing an insurance company." Is that the "acid test?" How does this 'answer the question' of whether or not I represent an insurer?

You misunderstand the question.

In this situation would it benefit RJT to be considered a representative of the company? Yes. Then he is not a representative of the company.

Would it hurt RJT to be considered a representative of the company in this situation? Yes. Then he is a representative of the company.

Your agent status will almost always be used against, never to help you. If it would be of benefit for you to be a representative of the company in a situation, everyone will ignore it and act as if you aren't.

I suggest you run that by your carrier.

Hello compliance dept I wish to robocall consumers and on speaking with them let them know I represent you thereby putting your company on the hook as well for these violations.

Yes RJT please be on the lookout for our letter terminating your appointment for cause.

I thought theres been much talk on here about Thads robo leads and he insists they're legal. Are Thads leads legal or not?

I thought theres beem much talk on here about that's robo leads and he insists they're legal. Are Thads leads legal or not?

Apples to raspberries. A lot of folks, like Thad, are selling leads they call Press 1s, but they're not "real" press 1s, they're compliant. They're doing a live introduction and then playing the recording vs a straight up voice blast initiated by a recording. Two very different critters.

do all Thads leads so that? I thought some of them were just monitored by a human who pressed"steves" automated responses.

Back