Eliminate The Fear, Failure and Rejection from Cold Calling

Thanks Joe, the problem truly is not enough calls. Also, thanks for the reminder that we DO have more control over the outcomes. It's not like a slot machine. LOL. More like a hamster wheel at times, or a treadmill....haha. Ok, just kidding. I am happy to be reminded that we do have control.

I sell health, life, DI, CI, but the DI isn't going so well. And, I have very little patience for health insurance. Working on establishing myself as a life insurance person (well, it's panning out to be more like an income and asset protection person), instead of what I did for years...primarily health, secondary cross-selling term and CI, accident, etc. It's getting easier, but it's been taking awhile. lol.

Yes, I am doing just OK, need to triple the outcome. So, simply put, that means triple the phone calls. The past month I produced only 17 policies...the breakdown: 4 health, 5 term life, mostly with ROP and/or riders, and 8 AcciFlex Plans, all loaded up as possible with ROP. Rather piss poor. I'd rather this breakdown look way different (i.e, 0 health, 20 term, a few perm, 10 AcciFlex, 5 DI, 5 CI, or something like that). So, back to the drawing board.

I hear ya Joe, bad gambling analogy. Have to control the calls and do more of them, bc it does work. Just that reminder was helpful and makes sense.

----------

I should add that I am just a very small operation. It's just me, a 40 yr old woman, out of my home office now (I feel like I live far from civilization--lol). I do have have a few agents, but they were trained 5 plus years ago and are self sufficient for the most part.

I've moved to be with my fiancé, into a very rural area, and prior to that was a single mom who had no choice but to work hard---used to write a lot of Assurant, back in the day. Obviously, it's taken some adjustment for us health insurance agents...but, it's slowly working itself out. I almost just got out of the biz altogether. Glad I didn't bc it's ok still, just had to switch gears and like most people, I'm not big on change---hoping to really build it up though out here in boon land- if it's possible anyway.

How many calls per day are you making? Are you dialing by hand or using a dialer?

I'm not using a dialer-.

I try to make 100 calls on Monday. That's about all I can stomach. And I rarely do that. It's more like 80. Then I'll make some more on Tuesday.

I need to make more calls. I see that's the only way to increase.

I think I'm the worst with call reluctance and call anxiety. Whatever ya want to call it, it's a mental challenge for me. Guess that will never change. It's never gotten easier in ten or more years.

lol...

Don't you just hate that?

I completely understand. Then thinking of how many calls
I could have, should have and should be making will keep me
up at night. I'll get excited thinking about what my income
could/should be... Then the morning rolls around and I find
an excuse not to dial a ton of calls...I hired two telemarketers
last year. That helped but I've come to the conclusion that I need
to lead from the front.

Yes, I hate it...it's Monday and the beast is in my office again. Best telemarketer I ever had was my son, and the young man quit on me....he went and started his own business and kicks my arse at income. lol.

He's 24 now, but I put him in an office with top notch telemarketers from age 15 to 18 or 19. He didn't want to get his own license and has never wanted to "study" anything he had to read, so off he went and started up his own cement company with what he learned from marketing and cold calling, and he's up and running since early spring last year. I'm happy he's been doing awesome, but not happy he will not help me anymore. haha.

It's very hard to find good talent who will cold call. lol. I end up doing it myself bc even though I dislike it, I am not as bad as some of the other people I've tried to hire. It's like exercise really, hard to get to the gym, but once I'm there it's on. Although, back in the health insurance days, I often hired college kids to do some marketing (telemarketing, putting out flyers and/or take ones, walk and talks).

Now to knock out at least 100...we shall see. It's 11 now and I have spent the morning wrapping xmas gifts.

Back