FCC Set to Impose New Telemarketing Rules

There are different types of dialers.

Those that have call people with a recording and not a live person. - Auto Dialer

There are ones that just dial the number faster for you and then you do all the talking. Predictive Dialers.

so this doesn't apply to mojo cold calling?

In short, no.

Let's be clear though, this isn't really a "new" rule. It's them putting in writing that folks trying to skirt it are breaking the law. Certain industries do get exemptions, but it doesn't apply to their sales activities.

yeah... and I noticed that political and poll survey calls are among those exemptions... Imagine that! :no:

It really stems around whether or not something is being sold which is what gives the FTC the authority to regulate it. I actually spent an evening researching it and it was actually pretty interesting. I ended up doing what I thought was a nice little writeup about it.

It really stems around whether or not something is being sold which is what gives the FTC the authority to regulate it. I actually spent an evening researching it and it was actually pretty interesting. I ended up doing what I thought was a nice little writeup about it.

Apparently the B.S. that is being "sold" on these Political Robo Calls that are exempt is not considered a "sales call" because it has absolutely no value.

Latest posts

Back