FE Cold Calls

hope33709

Expert
I am new to Final Expense selling. Do agents really cold call FE clients? I just can't seem to find an appropriate script. Most of the script on this board refer to mailed in cards.:SLEEP:

Hello my name is ________I am looking for_________. Pleasure to meet you, I am in the neighborhood visiting clients down the street, and have a piece of mail you sent to me asking for additional information on Final Expense Insurance." Show them the Lead Card"
You noted on here your age and your wife's age. It will take about Ten Minutes and a few simple questions to let you know what you are qualified for.

OK, what's the best way to do that without a lead card?? Just a plain cold call. This is a trick question.;)

OK, what's the best way to do that without a lead card?? Just a plain cold call. This is a trick question.;)

Here's the deal... doing a mailing for final expense means you'll generally get a 1.5% response. This means that 98.5% of people have absolutely NO interest in looking into final expense insurance at any given time.

Why in the world would you want to spend 98.5% of your time talking to people that absolutely NO interest whatsoever in talking to you? Don't know about you, but my time is WAY too valuable to be wasting 98.5% of my time.

Spend your time doing only those things that make you money - getting in front of demographically sorted people who have asked to be contacted. At only $400 per 1,000 contacted, it is a heck of a bargain!

CW

I see your point, I've heard it before and I think the mailings would be a smart thing to do. You have my gratitude for making a good point.
I was going to try to cold call my Medicare leads in my spare time, I probably be just as successful to send out a reply card instead.

I really like this forum, great people.

Referrals are the life line of this business.
If you are going to call people, call on friends and family members of someone you just helped.

Back in the days when I had to cold call, I would just keep it simple. People were a lot nicer back then. Before all the auto dialers and telemarketers.
I simply said something like this " Hi, I'm Mark Rosenthal and I'm going to be in your area this week helping some of your neighbors and wanted to see if I could stop in and see if you could use some of my services and if I could help you and bring you a little gift.
I could get about 4 to 7 people a day to say yes. That is spending all day on the phone. If I got 7 to say yes, then about 4 of them would not stand me up and I would sell about 1 or 2 of them. My goal back then was to get at least 2 sales a week and I would be happy. House wifes didn't work back then and they would always help you talk the husband into leaving them some money.

Cold colding and door knocking, I thought was a punishment back then for not getting enough referrals.

The best lead in the world is a referral.

I am new to Final Expense selling. Do agents really cold call FE clients? I just can't seem to find an appropriate script. Most of the script on this board refer to mailed in cards.:SLEEP:

Do agents cold call for FE? Not very many. Not because it doesn't work but most agents would rather talk to someone who already expressed interest via direct mail. Can it be done, yes. You'll get about one solid lead per hour and will actually write one out of 3 or 4...basically a sale per day if you're hitting the phones for 3-4 hours.

Cold call 64-79 yr olds for med-sup. The script is easier "would you be interested in learning how to significantly lower you monthly premiums while maintaing the same level of coverage you now have?". Much better responses IMO. Once you deliver the policy you can have the FE discussion. This is the only way I've been able to successfully sell FE plans. good luck

Latest posts

Back