Finally Made the Calls.

Wow that's a lot of calls with no conversations to show for it.

Sorry about that. I'm no fan of cold calling myself and when I "finally" made the calls I too was disappointment in my results. I don't even think the results were that bad, I just felt I should have had more sales considering how much I disliked it.

:D

This is the kind of mindless, status quo crap that has led to the enormous agent failure rate.

No matter how bad my golf swing, if I hit enough balls I'll hit great shots? BS.

I don't entirely disagree with you, but that's a flawed analogy. If you take enough swings your going to end up getting it in the hole. If you swing enough, you should get better at swinging and need less swings to make it into the hole.

"If you swing enough, you should get better at swinging and need less swings to make it into the hole."
I agree with M&M.

Swinging poorly over and over will not make a poor swing better. It will, however, make you more consistently bad.

"If you swing enough, you should get better at swinging and need less swings to make it into the hole."
I agree with M&M.

Swinging poorly over and over will not make a poor swing better. It will, however, make you more consistently bad.

I don't know about that. Look at Jim Fuyrk. Don't remember who but a famous pro said a good swing is a repeatable one. Some tour pro's have a poor swing but they can repeat well like Furyk.

Try buying some aged life insurance leads and tossing them in Callfire.

Cold calling for life insurance is so tough - I don't see how anyone can have any long term success. I personally have never seen it happen

When I cold called for life insurance and health insurance, I found a lot of clients that way, but I had to call small business owners, not residential.

I wanted to give up one night on a Monday the week before Xmas, but I persevered and ended up selling a 500k and 400k 30 year term policies to a 65 year old couple, that was a nice chunk of change (10k in commissions) I also got to do their health insurance, all from a cold call.

My script was,

"Hello is N there? N, this is Justin giving you a call and N. you won't recognize my name because I am calling you as a cold call. Can I quickly tell you why I called you? (honest, to the point, and provokes curiousity to continue= 1st yes)
I work with small business owners like you in this area and I was wondering if you were pissed off with the amount of money you pay for your health insurance."

Regardless, of the health insurance answer I would take another "swing" at them while I had them on the phone and ask,
"Since life insurance rates have decreased lately, did you want me to run a quote for you?"
"are you married"? "Does she want a quote you think"? etc.

It can be done, but I think you have to
a) call on small business owners, no dnc
b) lead with another product

Back