Finally Made the Calls.

It is true though....

It really is.

I have talked to folks on the phone about saving them $1000 a year on a med supp they had and wouldn't budge.

Talking to folks on the phone about something they don't have would be next to impossible.

But if you did it from 8am to 8pm Mon -Fri you should get one.

It's a mixed bag. I have folks that will call through and get nothing and others that reorder like clockwork. As cool of a guy as I'd like to think I am, I suspect the reorders are because it's working for them.

It's a mixed bag. I have folks that will call through and get nothing and others that reorder like clockwork. As cool of a guy as I'd like to think I am, I suspect the reorders are because it's working for them.

I have bought lists to call myself maybe a handful of times in the last 10 years. I don't think I have ever called an entire list before giving up and buying leads or hiring a telemarketer.

I have been telemarketing for 2+ years now for my agents. I also have had many agents that start out telemarketing 2 days a week working the same scripts as my telemarketers. (Sorry Guys, I am an MGA/IMO and only share scripts with my agents)

6 hours a day / 12 hours per week for an agent usually gets him 8-12 Leads that he/she will sell/close about 30-35% of the time. If using our new Elder Care Script and the lead count is 9-14 even in a tough area.

Point is the most successful agents that I have that start with a low budget and decide to make their own calls and learn the proper habits early: CONSISTENCY AND PERSISTENCE.

Plan to call on Monday and Wednesday and make appointments for Tuesday and Thursday for a Face to Face. (thank you JDEASY, I learned this from his posts on this forum that this schedule is working well for him). Don't mess with success...

Don't give up the phone. Most agents that are good on the phone will succeed in this business. Those that fear it have high costs and eventually don't make it in this business.

This an effective "pattern interrupt" - but it's the wrong kind. As soon as they hear this...you've lost them.

This is the kind of mindless, status quo crap that has led to the enormous agent failure rate.

No matter how bad my golf swing, if I hit enough balls I'll hit great shots? BS.

It's actually a perfect analogy - and it's obvious you don't play golf.

You seem confused by what is meant by numbers game. In sales, your commission isn't made by how well you improved your close ratio, so improving your golf stroke is a flawed analogy.

The analogy that fits is knowing your numbers. If it takes 7 strokes to drop the dimples, play the numbers until 7 is reached and get your payday. Improving ability is important too, but is not linked to playing the numbers. The numbers are always there. The question is if you know them based on your current ability, and will you play them.

-King

Thanks for all the tips guys. I feel like I got $300 worth of information for free. I don't know where I'd be without the support this forum provides. By the way, I just confirmed I had answer machine detection on. So I'll go ahead and turn that off and not shoot myself in the foot anymore. Going to change up some other things as well.

Just a thought... mail 1000, get X % back. I get the impression this is the preferred method.

Call a 1000 (use the exact phone script that is on a DM card to woo the prospect, then set an appointment), get X % back. Why do we think the results would be any different? For a broke or starting out agent it seems like a cost effective way to get up and running, then save your $$ and do all the amazing DM's your heart desires, then your *#%}*^ millionaire. :) ear to ear to baby.

if i answered my phone and someone wanted to speak to me about my life insurance options Id hang up on you too, now if you asked me if I wanted to pay off my mortgage and save 70k then I might want to hear more for a few seconds. Just a thought

I know a lot of people here will say that cold calling FE is a waste of time but it's been working for me. For the moment it's working but I know it's not a long term strategy.

Cold calling for FE is a beast. Not that it's hard just that it's long, tiring, and draining because of all the people you have to talk to.
I run DM too, just hate the idea of ambushing people at the door(mind set), so I cold call/call DM to set appts and knock the others when I get stood up. It's a very straight to the point script and I can normally get about 8 appts a day. Cold calling FE is definitely a numbers game, oh..Lots of no shows-oh I forgot, but 2-3 sales a day when the schedule is full.
In my experience, I do a heck of a lot better making the sale when I have a set appt.

Still working on that long term strategy though.

Back