Finally Made the Calls.

I know a lot of people here will say that cold calling FE is a waste of time but it's been working for me. For the moment it's working but I know it's not a long term strategy.

Cold calling for FE is a beast. Not that it's hard just that it's long, tiring, and draining because of all the people you have to talk to.
I run DM too, just hate the idea of ambushing people at the door(mind set), so I cold call/call DM to set appts and knock the others when I get stood up. It's a very straight to the point script and I can normally get about 8 appts a day. Cold calling FE is definitely a numbers game, oh..Lots of no shows-oh I forgot, but 2-3 sales a day when the schedule is full.
In my experience, I do a heck of a lot better making the sale when I have a set appt.

Still working on that long term strategy though.

Hire an appointment setter or 2. It's a game changer.

I know a lot of people here will say that cold calling FE is a waste of time but it's been working for me. For the moment it's working but I know it's not a long term strategy.

Cold calling for FE is a beast. Not that it's hard just that it's long, tiring, and draining because of all the people you have to talk to.
I run DM too, just hate the idea of ambushing people at the door(mind set), so I cold call/call DM to set appts and knock the others when I get stood up. It's a very straight to the point script and I can normally get about 8 appts a day. Cold calling FE is definitely a numbers game, oh..Lots of no shows-oh I forgot, but 2-3 sales a day when the schedule is full.
In my experience, I do a heck of a lot better making the sale when I have a set appt.

Maybe I misunderstood, but if your calling people off dm cards, that's not cold calling, if your calling them from a phone book or data list, than that is cold calling...

If you do annual reviews with your current clients, use the opportunity to do additional fact finding and some cross selling, and try to train them to give you referrals, wouldn't that be a long term strategy? According to northwestern's training, the average client does 6 repeat purchases.

Btw if you can make 3 sales in a day I'd say you're a freaking stud.

Also, care to share your FE script? ;)

Hire an appointment setter or 2. It's a game changer.

I had three of them and it just turned out to be more trouble than what it was worth, had them working from home. Maybe it was because I was kinda new to the game but I'm going to take another look at it. I just need to save money for an office space first.

I had three of them and it just turned out to be more trouble than what it was worth, had them working from home. Maybe it was because I was kinda new to the game but I'm going to take another look at it. I just need to save money for an office space first.

What does an FE agent need with office space???

If you do annual reviews with your current clients, use the opportunity to do additional fact finding and some cross selling, and try to train them to give you referrals, wouldn't that be a long term strategy? If you can make 3 sales in a day I'd say you're a freaking stud.

Also, care to share your FE script? ;)

I'm working on the cross selling part.

I'd say middle of the pack right now but I just try to set a ton of Appts on the days I run even if I know it is shaky when I set it. I might say something like " well I understand you don't want to sit down with me but since I will be in area is it ok if I just drop off a little more info". If I get an ok I'll go there looking to get in the house like with a DM.

I think Rearden mentioned it, I keep it simple. I hear the same objections over and over and over all day long. That's the hard part. If a person is willing to do it then it will pay off because these are the same people that are sending in the DM cards.

Hi.

I'm with ________.

I sent you out information on FE.

would you be interested in meeting with me for 15 20 mins..

I tell them all the wonderful things I've done for their neighbors.

set an appt or keep it moving to the next person.

Friendly conversations like with an aunt or uncle and just I'm looking for a yes or no if I can just come to their door.

----------

What does an FE agent need with office space???

I just work better when I'm in the office, wife is here, young kids so it's just a personal thing for me.

Residential calls don't seem to be the way to go anymore.

I made 100 more calls and came to the conclusion that I should finish using this list sometime in the future, if at all. I have a limited budget to work with and can't afford to waste anymore of it on this list. I know it's a numbers game, but when you consider that no one's picking up, it gets worse from there. Half don't speak english, or very poor english.

So the 25 out of 100 who answer is now down to 12.5. Out of those 12.5, half the time the prospect i'm looking for isn't even available. So I'm reaching about 6 prospects per hour. Time to try b2b.

I did the math and if I had a team of 5 bilingual speakers calling between 5:30 pm and 8:30 pm. With just 2 lines, each would make roughly 400 dials. That would total 2000 calls for one night and with my math, they would each reach 12 prospects per hour, which would total 180 prospects reached. Even if only one appointment came out of those 180 real prospects, And even if you were a new agent on as earned commissions, you make the sale and get the commission plus the policy fee. You would probably average $120 per sale.

Now lets weigh it against the labor expense, which is 8 bucks an hour which totals $120 for 5, so you've broken even. plus a one month Mojo dialer expense of $150 and 1 time expense for the list of $140 off of your credit card or from your mom and dad if you are completely broke. Do this everyday and you only have to live with mom and pop for a month.

This is why they say certain lists work better with call centers. Where as I can go through a list of 4000 in 2 weeks and not make one appointment. Remember I'm not bilingual, so I'll have to make twice as many calls.

Last edited:
Even if your marketers can get you appointments with non-english speakers, what the heck are you going to do with them if you can't communicate with them?

lol, didn't think that far into it. I guess the way they do it now is to pass it to a bilingual agent and share the commission. But I don't know any bilingual agents, so you're right.

Well anyway, I found inspiration in one of the strangest places. Google. I'm going to try it out tomorrow and report back.

----------

So I'm about 550 calls in. People are responding better to me, but I get my paycheck soon and I'm wondering if it's time to try a different approach.

Im a bilingual agent =DDDD

But yeah dude list quality is important. I personally wouldnt even bother lifting a finger for someone making less than 70 grand. Not worth my time, especially when a list of people w children making 80-200k costs $300 and a list of broke immigrants living in the projects costs $75. I have 21 thousand people to call in miami who have kids and make over 80 grand... why would i call poor people?

Back