Getting In the Door

Curious if anyone is using other products to book appts and get in the door. I mainly pitch Group benefits. Any luck with voluntary products?

Curious if anyone is using other products to book appts and get in the door. I mainly pitch Group benefits. Any luck with voluntary products?

Voluntary products is the way to go, but the "in" is to sell something to the owner first.

Always work top to bottom so if you can get in with the owner that's the best way. Personal/ Life w.e the case may be.

If its a complete cold call I start off with core products something they have already which I can improve/bid on. The conversation is relaxed because I ask when their effective dates are and let the conversation unravel from there - if they happen to be in that 90 day window before renewal you can shoot for the appointment. ITs a good way to get them talking just asking when and how they typically handle their renewal. If they dont let you know what month it comes up the conversation is dead...

Typically the main hurtle with core products is the relationship with the current agent so if they have used the same broker for Health for 10+ years or a family member I switch over to voluntary products because there is no way of getting the group.

If they don't want that then Commercial - get them for something!!!!

Back