Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum

Reply to Good Life Insurance Rebuttals     
Old 11-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #1

State: JumpIn is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Good Life Insurance Rebuttals Good Life Insurance Rebuttals
I just started doing inbound sales (cold calling) for life insurance. All leads are given to me by the company I work for, so I am not having a problem with that. What I AM having a little trouble with is rebuttals. All the people I contact are retirees, so while life insurance would make sense for them, many of them already have it. We aren't allowed to replace any existing insurance over the phone, and convincing retirees that the benefit amount they have isn't enough has proven difficult.
So what is a good rebuttal to "I already have life insurance"? I'm sorry if there is another post where this is addressed, I am obviously new and don't know anything.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Good Life Insurance Rebuttals
Old 11-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
Guru
Jerard on Good Life Insurance Rebuttals - Insurance Forum

State: Jerard is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Jerard is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Good Life Insurance Rebuttals Re: Good Life Insurance Rebuttals
If they already have enough for themselves ask them "...wouldn't it be nice to leave a little something to help out the kids?"
Old 11-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
Guru
GreenSky on Good Life Insurance Rebuttals - Insurance Forum

State: GreenSky is an Insurance Agent from California
GreenSky is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by JumpIn View Post
I just started doing inbound sales (cold calling) for life insurance. All leads are given to me by the company I work for, so I am not having a problem with that. What I AM having a little trouble with is rebuttals. All the people I contact are retirees, so while life insurance would make sense for them, many of them already have it. We aren't allowed to replace any existing insurance over the phone, and convincing retirees that the benefit amount they have isn't enough has proven difficult.
So what is a good rebuttal to "I already have life insurance"? I'm sorry if there is another post where this is addressed, I am obviously new and don't know anything.
Who is making the assumption that life insurance would make sense for them?

Rick
Old 11-21-2012, 10:14 PM   #4
Guru
dubya4472 on Good Life Insurance Rebuttals - Insurance Forum

State: dubya4472 is an Insurance Agent from Oklahoma
Originally Posted by JumpIn View Post
The first thing you have to do is congratulate them on having insurance and being excited that they have it. It makes them feel good and reinforces the idea of how important life insurance is.

After you establish they have it just ask if you can discuss it with them and find out what kind of policy they have. Just do some fact finding and find out what their assets and liabilities are. Try and sell them on the idea of legacy enhancement by leaving a little something extra for their heirs or a church or favorite charity. Sometimes there really is just no need for it and its time to thank them for their time, congratulate them on being financially responsible, and move on to the next call.

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Which holiday is on Dec.25-th ? I agree to forum rules 

Old 11-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
Guru

State: Cory is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
I agree with dubya... people like talking about the good decisions they've made. A point top make might also be that it's important to evaluate insurance from time to time as needs change with life events or stages i.e. people have kids, grand kids, medical bills, savings have been exhausted, the need for transitional income. Make a list of events that happen for that demographic that would make plausible a need for a review of their existing policies.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
Guru
theinsuranceman on Good Life Insurance Rebuttals - Insurance Forum

State: theinsuranceman is an Insurance Agent from North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to theinsuranceman
theinsuranceman is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Just say "Great! Most of the people I speak with every week have life insurance, most have had it for several years.

What a lot of people are starting to realize is that funerals cost more now than they did a few years ago. So a lot of people are now adding a liitle more coverage to go with what they already have in place, just to make sure their children and family don't have to dig out of their pocket.

Plus, everyone always forgets about the final phone bill, final utility bill, property taxes, etc. and the children are stuck paying for this. That's another reason that people are adding a little more coverage this week.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
Guru

State: Cory is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Insuranceman makes a great point and I wouldn't even call it "selling." Everybody has bills, many live paycheck to paycheck so itemizing for them aloud...phone bill, property taxes i.e. transitional income is a good point to make. Thanks insuranceman!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
Guru
theinsuranceman on Good Life Insurance Rebuttals - Insurance Forum

State: theinsuranceman is an Insurance Agent from North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to theinsuranceman
theinsuranceman is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Insuranceman makes a great point and I wouldn't even call it "selling." Everybody has bills, many live paycheck to paycheck so itemizing for them aloud...phone bill, property taxes i.e. transitional income is a good point to make. Thanks insuranceman!
You're welcome................
Old 11-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #9
Guru

State: digfesales105 is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
A simple one I use every now and then is to ask them "if you cashed in all your life insurance today, would it be enough to live on for the rest of your life?"

Daviso Companies
BURIAL INSURANCE & LEAD GENERATION
Hear actual leads at our site below in the Lead Dept.
www.davisoinsurancegroup.com
(888) 863-2445
"We Don't Embrace Excuses. We Embrace Solutions for Success!"
Old 11-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
Guru
Tampa Bay Rep on Good Life Insurance Rebuttals - Insurance Forum

State: Tampa Bay Rep is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
I've had some successful insurance agents do webinars on what they say during their sales calls and how they overcome objections, etc. You can request the recordings of the different webinars we have at the following link:

Aged Insurance Leads Webinars

Request Recording Of Agent Showing How He Does $60K AV A Week Working Aged Insurance Leads. StellarProspects.com Will Beat Anyone's Prices! 813-994-8874
Reply to Good Life Insurance Rebuttals 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum

Tags
life insurance