Hiring a Telemarketer for Home Insurance Leads

Hi, hope this can help you:

HOMEOWNERS SCRIPT
Caller: Hello Karol…
Prospect: yes…
Caller: My name is ……. From ………. Insurance, I’m calling in regards to your homeowner’s policy renewal (Pause) I wanted to see if I can help you save money, are you currently with ……Insurance?
Prospect: No, I’M not..
Caller: Great! We like to provide you a quote so you can compare with your agent… (Questions) Go straight to questions:
1. What is the size of your home? How many sq ft does it have?
2. Do you have a Garage? How many cars does it fit? Is it Attached or detached?
3. Did you know ........Insurance offers discount for having alarm on your house? Does yours have one?
4. Have you had any renovations done in the past 5 years?
5. When is your birthday
6. Could you provide me with your email so we can send you our proposal and also contact you?
Thank you so much for your time, I will forward all this information to my agent and we will keep in touch with you. Have a great day!

NEGATIVE ANSWER
Caller: My name is ……. From …….. Insurance, I’m calling in regards to your homeowner’s policy renewal (Pause) I wanted to see if I can help you save money, are you currently with ……Insurance?
Prospect: No…I’m not interested
Caller: We just want to provide you a quote so you can have to compare with your agent
Prospect: No I don’t want to change
Caller: I don’t want you to change…, just want you help you see if you can save money

I find telemarketers are just that telemarketers and most people will respond accordingly. If you make calls yourself, your own scripts and words, the conversion rate will be much better and higher. You don't sound like your pitching a sale of a sale. If you say it, it sounds like you're educating them versus selling them something, and no one likes a salesman.

Hi, hope this can help you:

HOMEOWNERS SCRIPT
Caller: My name is ……. From ………. Insurance, I’m calling in regards to your homeowner’s policy renewal (Pause) I wanted to see if I can help you save money, are you currently with ……Insurance?
Prospect: No, I’M not..
Caller: Great! We like to provide you a quote so you can compare with your agent… (Questions) Go straight to questions:
1. What is the size of your home? How many sq ft does it have?
2. Do you have a Garage? How many cars does it fit? Is it Attached or detached?
3. Did you know ........Insurance offers discount for having alarm on your house? Does yours have one?
4. Have you had any renovations done in the past 5 years?
5. When is your birthday
6. Could you provide me with your email so we can send you our proposal and also contact you?
Thank you so much for your time, I will forward all this information to my agent and we will keep in touch with you. Have a great day!

NEGATIVE ANSWER
Caller: My name is ……. From …….. Insurance, I’m calling in regards to your homeowner’s policy renewal (Pause) I wanted to see if I can help you save money, are you currently with ……Insurance?
Prospect: No…I’m not interested
Caller: We just want to provide you a quote so you can have to compare with your agent
Prospect: No I don’t want to change
Caller: I don’t want you to change…, just want you help you see if you can save money

Survey says...XXX

So your idea is to just run them over and once you start asking questions they just keep going? This will not work with anyone in the top 25% of income earners who can actually afford your services.

Also, top 25% earners in this country They do like to save, they also believe that you get what you pay for many times. An educated consumer is my best customer.

Example: Only about 5% of P&C agents in my state are appointed by Auto-Owners, it's a premium carrier compared to many that advertise all over the TV. In circles where the avg car costs north of $50k, many times they want better coverage or a better option than Progressive(I like them too). I have something they desire and only about 1:10 to 1:20 agents in Florida can even offer them as an option.

You want to call folks and within 5-10 seconds give them an opp to answer if they are on the same page with you. The script you present reeks of a TM who is frightened and afraid the other person will speak.

I sure hope you are not selling that script like a service or your secret sauce.

Survey says...XXX

So your idea is to just run them over and once you start asking questions they just keep going? This will not work with anyone in the top 25% of income earners who can actually afford your services.

Also, top 25% earners in this country They do like to save, they also believe that you get what you pay for many times. An educated consumer is my best customer.

Example: Only about 5% of P&C agents in my state are appointed by Auto-Owners, it's a premium carrier compared to many that advertise all over the TV. In circles where the avg car costs north of $50k, many times they want better coverage or a better option than Progressive(I like them too). I have something they desire and only about 1:10 to 1:20 agents in Florida can even offer them as an option.

You want to call folks and within 5-10 seconds give them an opp to answer if they are on the same page with you. The script you present reeks of a TM who is frightened and afraid the other person will speak.

I sure hope you are not selling that script like a service or your secret sauce.

That same (very similar) script is used by every telemarketer....regardless of the product (energy, solar, credit cards....etc). After 5 seconds you'll get a loud "CLICK!!:yes:

I personally would NEVER and have NEVER used a telemarketer. I assume as I believe most folks do.... "if the sales person I'd be dealing with doesn't believe my time is as valuable as theirs is (to call me personally)..... they guessed wrong!

Last edited:
I dont care what anyone says....cold calling is a numbers game.
Especially insurance.

Either they want to hear about it, or they dont.

If they say no (or hangup), just move on...someone else wants it.

I dont care what anyone says....cold calling is a numbers game.
Especially insurance.

Either they want to hear about it, or they dont.

If they say no (or hangup), just move on...someone else wants it.

AND....That attitude comes thru loud and clear on the other end with the first words out of your mouth. :yes:

soooo....how many calls does it take for you to get a meeting?

I don't sell home insurance but....I present only to captive audiences (associations, groups, etc.) Typically, only one call to group president, etc. to set up an initial meeting is required to determine if a seminar would be beneficial to members.

I don't sell home insurance but....I present only to captive audiences (associations, groups, etc.) Typically, only one call to group president, etc. to set up an initial meeting is required to determine if a seminar would be beneficial to members.

youre in a total different world.

and if you have a 1:1 ratio for cold call to meeting...you should be selling sales seminars, and get out of this business.

Latest posts

Back