Hiring a Telemarketer for Home Insurance Leads

jdlash

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am looking to hire a telemarketer to generate home insurance leads. Anyone have experience with this?

Has anyone had success using telemarketing leads for home insurance?

Thanks in advance!

I am looking to hire a telemarketer to generate home insurance leads. Anyone have experience with this?

Has anyone had success using telemarketing leads for home insurance?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, but you'll be 3 times as succesfull by hiring door to door canvassers. And you can screen out the bad roofs.

You need to do both home and auto though.

----------

How many leads should one be able to generate in a 4 hour day with an online dialer?

Also anyone have a good script they care to share for generating home insurance leads?

----------

How many leads should one be able to generate in a 4 hour day with an online dialer?

Also anyone have a good script they care to share for generating home insurance leads?

Here is an idea:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to make a post in order to officially be on the site.

I think I have tremendous success cold calling homeowners so let me share with you how you want to do this...

"Hello Mr/Mrs Smith, I'm calling about your homeowner's insurance"...you can insert your name into that sentence if you feel like you need to tell them your name but telling them why you are calling within the first 3 seconds is better than dancing around silliness like ID yourself.

Anyone who posts up "I would just hang the phone up" and I would say thankfully that most homeowners don't think that way or don't act like that. Sure you get some real jerks but remember you are calling them and interrupting them, they can say whatever they feel like. What I would offer up to you is a simple saying I learned a long time ago and many of you will either recognize this or adopt it with a big smile on your face.

SW to the 4th Power(math teacher, I love math)
Some WILL
Some WON'T
So WHAT
Someone is...WAITING!!!

Don't hire a TM outfit, find someone local you can build a real partnership with, you gotta be on the road making money and networking so you can't hire an unmotivated TM to just dial the phone...it won't work IMHO.

I have to make a post in order to officially be on the site.

I think I have tremendous success cold calling homeowners so let me share with you how you want to do this...

"Hello Mr/Mrs Smith, I'm calling about your homeowner's insurance"...you can insert your name into that sentence if you feel like you need to tell them your name but telling them why you are calling within the first 3 seconds is better than dancing around silliness like ID yourself.

Anyone who posts up "I would just hang the phone up" and I would say thankfully that most homeowners don't think that way or don't act like that. Sure you get some real jerks but remember you are calling them and interrupting them, they can say whatever they feel like. What I would offer up to you is a simple saying I learned a long time ago and many of you will either recognize this or adopt it with a big smile on your face.

SW to the 4th Power(math teacher, I love math)
Some WILL
Some WON'T
So WHAT
Someone is...WAITING!!!

Don't hire a TM outfit, find someone local you can build a real partnership with, you gotta be on the road making money and networking so you can't hire an unmotivated TM to just dial the phone...it won't work IMHO.

Thanks for the advice and welcome to the forum. Do you call regularly? If so, what kind of numbers do you try to get?

Thanks for the advice and welcome to the forum. Do you call regularly? If so, what kind of numbers do you try to get?

I call about everyday but only a handful of hours. I would say I make about 400-500 manual cold calls a week, no auto-dialer but i'm working on it.

I only speak to maybe 4-5 actual people a day. I leave AM messages if the name on the machine matches the title to the home.

I probably find 1-2 quality people a day to pass to my agent. I would have more success at night but the office is not set up to be open late. Old office, old ways, some of it good, some of it not so good.

You need to have an angle or something you specialize in to get their attention.

----------

Some tips...

-Stay calm, when someone picks up the phone act like you have done this a million times.

-Be Direct..."I'm Calling about your Homeowner's Insurance"...a lot of folks will initially think you are calling about their actual policy. And even if you aren't their actual insurance agent since they are a homeowner and they do pay insurance for the most part, odds are high they are going to listen to your 2nd and 3rd sentence so make them good.

-Have a target market and be specific about what separates you from the rest.

-Keep it simple and don't take it personal when you encounter a twit, just be polite and move on to the next person.

-Be nice to your TM, there's a reason you don't like to pick up the phones and cold call, treat them with the max respect, they're human. If you can't do that then just buy an auto-dialer :)

I call about everyday but only a handful of hours. I would say I make about 400-500 manual cold calls a week, no auto-dialer but i'm working on it.

I only speak to maybe 4-5 actual people a day. I leave AM messages if the name on the machine matches the title to the home.

I probably find 1-2 quality people a day to pass to my agent. I would have more success at night but the office is not set up to be open late. Old office, old ways, some of it good, some of it not so good.

Compare the above to my door knocking results.

I go out between 3-7 pm (M-F) knock about 80-100 doors, (typically one to two streets.)

Come home with 7-12 rounded home and auto leads. (35-60 per week)

I got 3 others working with me now that are averaging the same.

Not bragging.

Just saying D2D canvassing is way more effective then telemarketing, if your office happens to be near an area with lots of cookie-cutter subdivisions with tract homes.

And it's duplicatable and scalable too!

Last edited:
Back