How Do We Identify Cell Phones

gymguy

Guru
100+ Post Club
So I know its against the TCPA to call cell phones when you use a dialer. If I buy some data, there technically is no way of knowing if any of the numbers are cell phones. I can recall many times where I have called people and they have told me it was a cell phone. Obviously, I put them on my internal DNC list.

So here is my question: How can we go about identifying cell phones in data (much like how we scub against the DNC) so that we don't get in trouble?

Tell me they didn't make a law that you cant call cell phones, and then make no way to find out if a number is a cell phone or not.

I am hoping there is a service or something out there that can do this so that if I ever get hauled into court I have some proof that I did my part legally.

Thanks

Some SIP providers and dialer companies claim they can do it which I kind of believe. The only way that I'm aware of to do it compliantly involves almost three grand in annual licensing fees alone, that's just to have access to the ported numbers and the wireless block list. You're also supposed to run the scrub every 15 days vs the 30 on the DNC. As much as I don't like the DNC laws, at least compliance is relatively straightforward; with cell phone scrubbing it's anything but.

The chances of being hauled into court or being sued is virtually non-existence. I challenge anyone to post where a single individual has ever had an issue with violating the DNC or cell phone laws.

There are companies that spam and have been fined but I would love to see where an individual has had any issues.

I'm not advocating breaking the law but to be afraid to make calls means zero business.

Rick

Thanks for the replies. I am not too worried about it, I just wanted to do my best to maintain compliance. I searched online quite a bit and couldn't find anything affirmative that would be comparable to what the DNC list does.

Leave it to law makers to enact a law that prohibits something only to leave no way to actually ensure compliance.

Thanks for the replies. I am not too worried about it, I just wanted to do my best to maintain compliance. I searched online quite a bit and couldn't find anything affirmative that would be comparable to what the DNC list does.

Leave it to law makers to enact a law that prohibits something only to leave no way to actually ensure compliance.

You need this:

TCPA Compliance

and this: https://www.ims-dm.com/products/wireless.shtml

If you use those two and scrub ever 15 days you have a perfectly defensible position. The text of the law is here: http://www.tcpalaw.com/free/47usc.txt

Some SIP providers, such as Gafachi, have products that will prevent cell phones from being called, but that would also require you to use them as the SIP provider AND beleive their system would be effective (which it probably would be).

I found this third party company that supposedly works with any dial-er and offers a monthly subscription ($50) plus $.0005 per number.

You probably need to upgrade your Internet service because it requires a static IP address in order for it to work.

VoxTeleSys | Enterprise | Wholesale | Call Center | Long Distance Service

----------

Also, before you invest all this money to become TCPA compliant, check with the state you'll be calling in because numerous states have adopted additional Mini-TCPA laws that further impact your business.

In my state, it's back to manual dialing for me!

Is your state on this list?

http://www.alston.com/files/Publica...70-c8500dc0d5a0/14-803 Mini-TCPA-Advisory.pdf

In my state, it's back to manual dialing for me!

I have a telemarketer that hit a record this week - 291 calls dialed by hand in a day. If you just sit down and dial, you can still get a lot of calls done.

You need this: TCPA Compliance and this: https://www.ims-dm.com/products/wireless.shtml If you use those two and scrub ever 15 days you have a perfectly defensible position. The text of the law is here: http://www.tcpalaw.com/free/47usc.txt Some SIP providers, such as Gafachi, have products that will prevent cell phones from being called, but that would also require you to use them as the SIP provider AND beleive their system would be effective (which it probably would be).

Gafachi is awesome I've used them for about 10 years their cell phone scrubbing product is great it's just really expensive for someone who does high-volume calling like myself and Jim guy

Maybe my bad, but I actively seek out cell numbers. But, I call small business owners. I pluck as many business cards as possible out of party stores, gas stations, off place mats in restaurants, etc. I LOVE CELL PHONE NUMBERS that always come with a first name. If anyone knows where I can get more, please, please, please let me know.

As long as your not pestering them relentlessly, most could care less. Never had a problem with it.

However, I do know of a situation where a certain student loan forgiveness company called relentlessly and pestered a person...that person sued them for $1200. big whoop, but the point is, is that it's very unlikely someone would pursue litigation over a phone call.

Hell, I doubt they even remember your name after a few minutes if they are not interested in what your offering.

Back