How To Door Knock With a Mailing List

Josh

Guru
5000 Post Club
About twice a month I get asked for a list to door knock and cold call with, so I figured more people are thinking about it than asking for it.

A little known fact is that you can order a list and include a carrier route and walk sequence on it. What that means is that if you wanted a list of folks 67-78 to door knock for Medicare supplements because you wanted to only knock on doors of folks on Medicare, you can actually get a list that has them listed so you can walk the route the same way the mail man does.

Why not get a list to cold call and get that information with it? The answer is that a lot of folks are on the DNC registry or don't have phone numbers available, so if buy a list to straight door knock you won't be passing over the homes that are on the DNC list. If you consider that 70%-80% of numbers are on the DNC that means that for every house you get on a list, you'd have 4 or 5 more that you could door knock by getting a list for door knocking vs just buying one list to cold call and door knock off of.

I have clients that are door knocking with this approach and are doing well with it, but "your mileage may vary".

Happy Selling!

About twice a month I get asked for a list to door knock and cold call with, so I figured more people are thinking about it than asking for it.

A little known fact is that you can order a list and include a carrier route and walk sequence on it. What that means is that if you wanted a list of folks 67-78 to door knock for Medicare supplements because you wanted to only knock on doors of folks on Medicare, you can actually get a list that has them listed so you can walk the route the same way the mail man does.

Why not get a list to cold call and get that information with it? The answer is that a lot of folks are on the DNC registry or don't have phone numbers available, so if buy a list to straight door knock you won't be passing over the homes that are on the DNC list. If you consider that 70%-80% of numbers are on the DNC that means that for every house you get on a list, you'd have 4 or 5 more that you could door knock by getting a list for door knocking vs just buying one list to cold call and door knock off of.

I have clients that are door knocking with this approach and are doing well with it, but "your mileage may vary".

Happy Selling!

This is great, I like the sound of this approach, I will give this a shot!

or you could buy leads where people are interested and save time and gas money

there are many. i've networked and don't use them anymore. someone is always posting the good and bad on here.

ask them if you can set an appointment to review their current coverage, give them quotes or whatever you feel like saying. it's been awhile since i knocked on homes. usually it takes about 30 "no's" face to face and about 60 on the phone to get an appointment. that's just me though. i'm sure other people are more awesome. daytime hours at home will be fe and evening more term to cover debt.
there's all kinds of scripts out there to follow. in the end it's yes or no.

Josh, I wanted to contact you about getting one of these lists. Also, will some of them have phone numbers? I was thinking about door-knocking some and having my telemarketer call some. I went to 'affordable list' and am filling out the order form, but wanted to ask you before I submit it. Should I select the 'mailing' list?

thank you,

Wayne Scott II

Latest posts

Back