How To Get An Existing List Scrubbed ?

Check one of your carrier's sites. They may have a way to upload the list and they will scrub it, deleting DNC and removing their customers... you will probably lose 90% of your list.

Check one of your carrier's sites. They may have a way to upload the list and they will scrub it, deleting DNC and removing their customers... you will probably lose 90% of your list.

Good idea. I tried it with one carrier and they didn't have a clue what I wanted them to do. I'll call another carrier tomorrow. I might even give my life FMO a call and see if they can do it.

I'm really just doing this to cover my ass. If the list comes back half no good that's ok. Hey I dialed a wrong number from my list :-) Technically I'm I'm calling cold BUT my script and what I actually do (for work / my niche) doesn't make it so much of a cold call.

I use sales genie lite, its a 100 dollars a month. There software, integrates with the DNC to fish out the people on the it. With sales genie, throw out the list and start a new updated list through them. Its the same as infousa.com They have over 2 million business's in there database, and over 15 million consumers.

I have been cold calling a lot of apartment associations, sales genie gave me over 1500 contacts on that search alone. Of course it was a geographic are of Colorado. They also seem to have the most updated lists. I have used a lot of info suppliers, they are the best.

Last edited:
I have been cold calling a lot of apartment associations, sales genie gave me over 1500 contacts on that search alone. Of course it was a geographic are of Colorado. They also seem to have the most updated lists. I have used a lot of info suppliers, they are the best.

Honestly, the only ones I've seen happy with Sales Genie are those who don't mind paying too much for lousy data, but that's just me.

Whoever sold you a list that isn't scrubbed against the DNC possibly broke the law.
I'm surprised that a list provider would do that. In fact, i would insist that the company scrub it and return it.

Whoever sold you a list that isn't scrubbed against the DNC possibly broke the law.
I'm surprised that a list provider would do that. In fact, i would insist that the company scrub it and return it.

I never bought the list. The list is not for sale. It has all the information on 8,000 plus people who work for the state in my slot/territory. I am entitled to the list as deemed by the administrators in charge of my slot. Some agents get nothing but names and some don't even get that. I'm one of a handful of agents.

Back