How Much Data Per Month For My Telemarketer?

Roy2015

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Nevada
Hi guys...I'll be hiring a telemarketer soon to start selling Med Supps out of state and I'm wondering how many names I will need per month to give the telemarketer plenty of names to call? 5K, 10k, 20k? Assuming the telemarketer is dialing out 3 lines at a time on Salesdialer?

Note: I have tried the unlimited names for $50/mo and the quality was very questionable. Under 40% accuracy.

Thanks!

Roy

Hi guys...I'll be hiring a telemarketer soon to start selling Med Supps out of state and I'm wondering how many names I will need per month to give the telemarketer plenty of names to call? 5K, 10k, 20k? Assuming the telemarketer is dialing out 3 lines at a time on Salesdialer?

Note: I have tried the unlimited names for $50/mo and the quality was very questionable. Under 40% accuracy.

Thanks!

Roy

Better lists are available. My TM calls 10 hours a week and 3,000 names easily lasts a month. And won't cost much more than the $50 you spend now. And I recommend 2 lines rather than 3. You don't want a lot of dropped calls.

Rick

Better lists are available. My TM calls 10 hours a week and 3,000 names easily lasts a month. And won't cost much more than the $50 you spend now. And I recommend 2 lines rather than 3. You don't want a lot of dropped calls.

Rick

Thanks for the response Rick. I was thinking I would need 10-20k names. Glad to hear that I am wrong about that. lol. I guess when the quality is there you don't need as many.

3000 names a month for 10 hours a week would equal 12000 names a month for 40 hours a week.

Of course, you probably need to call through the list a few times.

Your estimate wasn't that far off actually :)

Dan

3000 names a month for 10 hours a week would equal 12000 names a month for 40 hours a week.

Of course, you probably need to call through the list a few times.

Your estimate wasn't that far off actually :)

Dan

He will need to hire more than 1 telemarketer if he wants 40 hours of calling each week...

Thanks guys for the responses. I was thinking of just starting with 1 telemarketer at 20-30 hours per week. Then hopefully if I can close at least 10% then at 1 lead per hour I will sell 2-3 per week.

Are those numbers accurate as to what to expect working with a telemarketer? They should generate about 1 lead per hour and I should close at least 10%? I have heard that 5% is a standard closing rate for telemarketing leads that you buy, but should I expect a higher close rate b/c I am in control of the script and I have more screening questions?

Thanks!

Control of the script is a variable. Depending on how good you are with scripts you may see good or bad results. I have had some real duds that I thought were brilliant. Others were very uncomfortable for me but had high success. As to your estimates, it all comes down to consistency. If your telemarketer can consistently hand you people and you can close even a small percentage consistently you should be fine.

Thanks guys for the responses. I was thinking of just starting with 1 telemarketer at 20-30 hours per week. Then hopefully if I can close at least 10% then at 1 lead per hour I will sell 2-3 per week.

Are those numbers accurate as to what to expect working with a telemarketer? They should generate about 1 lead per hour and I should close at least 10%? I have heard that 5% is a standard closing rate for telemarketing leads that you buy, but should I expect a higher close rate b/c I am in control of the script and I have more screening questions?

Thanks!

Hi Roy,

I have a team of about 40 telemarketers I manage and I thought I would try to give you a little insight on some of the numbers you mentioned in your post.

Lead generation per hour can vary quite a bit. If its a good area you could generate 2 or 3 leads in an hour. If its a bad area you might generate 2 leads after calling all day. Here are a few of the variables to keep in mind:

Script: How long is the approx. successful phone call? 1 - 2 minutes? 5 minutes? I live by the philosophy that LESS is MORE when developing a cold calling script. Some people may debate me on this but I think with a longer qualifying script I still would never ask more than 2 or 3 questions. The purpose of a telemarketer is to generate interest, not complete the sale for you.

Area: This is another big variable. Some areas are very receptive to cold calls - others not so much. I always recommend targeting more rural areas, you should have a much higher success with both lead generation and with sales in the rural areas. If you are telemarketing for Medicare Supplements you can actually take advantage of the heat map I have on my web site located HERE.

Telemarketer: I have hired telemarketers from literally all over the world. Here in the US, Jamaica, India, Pakistan, and the Philippines! While it may seem ideal to have someone here in the US do your cold calling for you, it can be difficult to keep someone motivated on the phones while trying to pay them an entry level wage. I would highly recommend hiring someone in the Philippines - they are familiar with US culture and speak English well! I get asked all the time about the "accents" which admittedly some of my telemarketers have - and its really a non issue. I just called my bank (JP Morgan Chase) last week and I was immediately transferred to a call center in India. Did the representative have a slight accent? Yes. But I was able to accomplish everything I needed without a problem.

Closing percentage will vary - I have seen some agents close as high as 20%. If I was going to write a business plan I would estimate 5% closing rate and anything you close above and beyond that would just be gravy.

Best of luck!!!

LessGreaterThanMore1.png

Hi Roy,

I have a team of about 40 telemarketers I manage and I thought I would try to give you a little insight on some of the numbers you mentioned in your post.

Lead generation per hour can vary quite a bit. If its a good area you could generate 2 or 3 leads in an hour. If its a bad area you might generate 2 leads after calling all day. Here are a few of the variables to keep in mind:

Script: How long is the approx. successful phone call? 1 - 2 minutes? 5 minutes? I live by the philosophy that LESS is MORE when developing a cold calling script. Some people may debate me on this but I think with a longer qualifying script I still would never ask more than 2 or 3 questions. The purpose of a telemarketer is to generate interest, not complete the sale for you.

Area: This is another big variable. Some areas are very receptive to cold calls - others not so much. I always recommend targeting more rural areas, you should have a much higher success with both lead generation and with sales in the rural areas. If you are telemarketing for Medicare Supplements you can actually take advantage of the heat map I have on my web site located HERE.

Telemarketer: I have hired telemarketers from literally all over the world. Here in the US, Jamaica, India, Pakistan, and the Philippines! While it may seem ideal to have someone here in the US do your cold calling for you, it can be difficult to keep someone motivated on the phones while trying to pay them an entry level wage. I would highly recommend hiring someone in the Philippines - they are familiar with US culture and speak English well! I get asked all the time about the "accents" which admittedly some of my telemarketers have - and its really a non issue. I just called my bank (JP Morgan Chase) last week and I was immediately transferred to a call center in India. Did the representative have a slight accent? Yes. But I was able to accomplish everything I needed without a problem.

Closing percentage will vary - I have seen some agents close as high as 20%. If I was going to write a business plan I would estimate 5% closing rate and anything you close above and beyond that would just be gravy.

Best of luck!!!

LessGreaterThanMore1.png

Awesome post Glen. Thanks for sharing the info. That is a great map on your site. I will use that for sure. I was thinking of trying a filipino telemarketer b/c I know if I find a good one they can generate some pretty low cost leads. It def seems like there are more and more telemarketers from other countries handling calls for companies in the U.S. I'm working on a script to use now. I think I will keep it fairly simple. I read about a guy who said he had the most success with his telemarketers just calling and saying "Mrs X, I'm calling to see if we can save you money on your Medicare Insurance. Are you interested in that?" lol.

Back