How Are YOU Differentiating Yourself?

DHK

RFC®, ChFC®, CLU®
5000 Post Club
Just stumbled onto this video on YouTube. Michael Kitces primarily writes his blog and his materials for the financial advisor/RIA market. However, if you're offering comprehensive life insurance planning and retirement planning with annuities (as taught by the Insurance Pro Shop that I highly recommend or any other selling system/method), this is a FANTASTIC way to craft your professional introduction and bullet points of what you do and who you do it for.

Of course, this will work for whatever your focus is. It may not be a 'function' of your services, but a 'pain point' you address.

This is my preferred method of prospecting/introducing myself, but I have customized my talking points relevant to my products and what they do for the people I work with.

Last edited by a moderator:
DHK,

I was going to send off a PM but then thought everyone could prosper from just posting it up in here.

-Many Moons ago I was a Primerica Life agent in my early to mid 20s, as much as I wanted to sell and talk to folks, I was green and awful young looking, just was not taken seriously.

My time was not wasted however because I learned the Rule of 72 and compound interest which I teach to young folks every chance I get. The agency I will be joining does very little in the lower middle class section of the World, they aim high god love 'em. But I still have those roots where I want to help insure what families with kids have and also help them plan for their eventual 2nd half of life we will say.

I would love to be an Independent that helps a lot with P&C, then also helps with the Life and MutualFunds/401k/Roth IRA, the basics. I really connect DHK a lot with your message and vibe on here. You had an avatar with what I thought was your picture but I have been wrong a lot since joining.

I encourage anyone coming into this market and genuinely wants to help people, you absolutely can and being a financial missionary of sorts in life is a noble and worthy cause. Sincerely, ignorance is not bliss, 1st hand in the inner cities shows it is poverty and destruction.

Failure to plan DHK is a...?
-Plan to Fail

I welcome anything you can share about your journey, much of it is probably in the archives so i will research as time allows. You rock DHK, you get it, you know what your purpose is, I'm slightly envious but it has nothing to do with money and everything to do with the human spirit. You didn't think you would get this kind of post but Bam, there it is.

Back