Leads DONT'S

The new question is totally different from the original question.. I have a bunch of smart alec answers for this one too... :).

There are so many things we shouldn't say, I don't know how a person could narrow it down to one but the one thing that irritates me is an agent saying something to imply they are something other than a sales agent or telling people, "I am not going to try to sell you anything". :no:

You didn't answer my question as to your insurance background. The answer to that could make a help folks understand where you are coming from when you ask questions to try to get a discussion started.

It's like being a talk show host. She's just trying to get some good conversation going from the experts.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I know I would not like being told I "need" something. I don't know if its something you shouldn't say to a client, but I would never do it. I find out their objective and try to find a solution.

Last edited:
What is one thing you should not say while selling insurance?

This is a heavy duty policy for heavy duty people.

I'm your local rock star representative for Acme Ins.

Is Fido a member of your family? This plan covers all members.

Oh that's cool.. every house I go into has one of those.

Can you please excuse me while I go blow up your bathroom.

Or to a high sounding voice, "Are your parents home?"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That one is perfectly acceptable if she is hot and you're a rock star.:yes:

I've often wondered how much action Insurance agents get as a result of being in strangers' homes. But Im in Final Expense so that would be eww

Back