Leaving a Message when Cold Calling

I never leave a voice mail when calling the senior market. I have tried it and I never or hardly ever get callbacks.

I have more seniors call me back when I don't leave a message. They usually say, "Who is this? Your number is on my caller ID. Why did you call me?" I proceed to tell them and a fair percentage of them have taken a policy.
I just had an elderly gentleman call me back from a med sup call i placed this morning. No message left. He just call because he saw my number on his ID.

The time you spend leaving a message could be spent on trying to reach live people. The numbers are just not good enough to spend a lot of time leaving messages.

You need MOJO!!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I just had an elderly gentleman call me back from a med sup call i placed this morning. No message left. He just call because he saw my number on his ID.

Be careful which number shows up on their caller I.D, or you will get calls when you don't really want calls. I screwed up and used my cell number and I got a call from a lady at 11:00 p.m., one night while sitting on the bench waiting to bat in a softball game.

Now I use a number that goes to RingCentral so they can get a answering machine message while I am dialing, especially if I am in the middle of a conversation; there's nothing worse than Call Waiting beeps while you are trying to talk to a potential client.

Last edited:
Check out spoofcard.com. May help you get people to answer the phone who are using their caller id to avoid you. Spoofcard.com will let you display ANY phone number on the caller id of the person you are calling.

You can have the local hospital, police, IRS, any phone number show up, even have the phone number of the person you are calling show up on their own caller id.

I've not used this yet but will try it out in Jan. Anyone used this service yet? Results?

Check out spoofcard.com. May help you get people to answer the phone who are using their caller id to avoid you. Spoofcard.com will let you display ANY phone number on the caller id of the person you are calling.

You can have the local hospital, police, IRS, any phone number show up, even have the phone number of the person you are calling show up on their own caller id.

I've not used this yet but will try it out in Jan. Anyone used this service yet? Results?

I believe that doing so is illegal.

So I know this is an old thread, but I haven't seen the answer elsewhere... Can you use the "leave a voicemail function" on Mojo now with the no robo dialer rules?

figured it probably would, but considered using it when the list had been called a few times...

i agree with everyone about no message and letting them call back out of curiousity as to who it is calling.

any idea if that part is legal?

also, could you call, not leave a message, and use a number that is a dedicated voicemail saying "thanks for calling for to save money on you med supp?" so at least those that call back out of curiousity will get your automated message if you are on the other line, etc?

Back