Leaving a Voice Message

I just hang up......get more call backs from leads wondering why I called....now after a few days will leave a message.....

Wondering if anyone has a good script (P&C) for leaving a voice message while cold calling? Thanks

Depends on the kind of situation. There are different strategies and points of view. If you're calling BtoB and you have an offer that differentiates you meaningfully, you could simply leave vm with your name, agency and town (so people feel it's local and more personal) and then tell them they don't need to respond to this phone message, but you'd appreciate it if they would be kind enough to reply to the email you're about to send.

Then send a short, pithy email stating your offer and support info (credentials, endorsement, etc.) in 2-3 sentences. Include all your contact info of course and ask when it would be convenient for them to spend a few minutes on the phone with you to see if you can be a resource.

If you sound trustworthy and your offer addresses a real need / concern people will want to connect with you and will respond.

Wondering if anyone has a good script (P&C) for leaving a voice message while cold calling? Thanks

I'm a newbie, but this is my VM script:

Hi, this is ThinkAndGrowRich with AllStateFarmErs Insurance calling for [prospect's first and last name]. Please return my call at 123-456-7890. Again, my name is ThinkAndGrowRich. Thank you for your time and have a great day.

I figured it's short, sweet, and leaves the prospect wondering what I was calling for while already knowing it's insurance related. They just don't know it's about life insurance.

Again, I'm a newbie, so I'd greatly appreciate some feedback or criticism.

I will do it not to be rude-or if its the only way of getting a hold of them.
If they work offsite and cannot be reached by the business number.

If the owner specifically instructs me to leave my info through the GK "he asked that you leave your call back"

If I have called it 3-4 times with no luck I will try it and then lay off

I dont understand why but receptionists get offended if you dont leave a message like they are a frikin answering service getting paid per message

That's because a receptionist's or assistant's job is to be helpful... and you're denying them a chance to fulfill the purpose for which they have been hired.

Call and say you are from an insurance company regarding a death benefit and see how fast they call you back (thinking they are a beneficiary).

I've never used this but always wanted to. I'm sure I could spin it properly but it might make some folks angry.

:GEEK:

That's a similar tactic I used at the bank or credit union calling on my maturing CD and large money-market balance lists.

"Hello ____? This is DHK at Wells Fargo Bank off (cross street 1) and (cross street 2). I'm calling regarding your account. Please contact us back at your earliest convenience at (xxx) xxx-xxxx. Again, it's DHK at Wells Fargo... (xxx) xxx-xxxx. Thank you."

And yes, people called back because they thought there was a problem with their account. And, as their banker, I easily said "no, there was no problem. We routinely review our clients accounts and we see...". It was still a service call and people felt that, while interesting tactic, we still were looking out for their best interests.

However, you could do a twist on this for insurance by saying "Hello X? This is DHK, the local _____ insurance rep in (city). The home office asked me to give you a call regarding your insurance policy. Please call me back so we can get this resolved at (xxx)xxx-xxxx."

They call you back: "We don't have a policy with your company? What could be the problem?"

Your response: "That's why they asked me to call you! You don't have a policy with our company!"

Last edited:
Back