List for P&C AUTO - Is There a 'BEST WAY' to Generate a List?

SueNami

Expert
Are there specific demographics that have been working for people?

I understand I need to follow the demographics of my target client, but I'm wondering if anyone here has switched up demographics and gotten better results....

Are there specific demographics that have been working for people?

I understand I need to follow the demographics of my target client, but I'm wondering if anyone here has switched up demographics and gotten better results....
Any list broker can filter credit score, income or whatever other demographics you want.

As far as better results, if you mean returns, generally the fewer the filters, the greater the returns.

But if you don't have a market (carriers) for the people who are outside your target demographic, then it doesn't matter how much better the returns are.

You won't be able to write them.

On something as generic as P&C auto, usually it's just a matter of beating up the phones. Everyone needs car insurance and usually if folks get too specific with the list they end up missing out on having enough volume to start getting traction. As Thomas said, you do need to have carriers for people within your respective demographics, but you're marketing a bulk product and any difference in response rate based off the different criteria is generally going to be more happenstance than science. Even beyond that, if one agent is doing well with a certain demographic, there is no guarantee that the demographic in your area will respond the same way.

Is that helpful?

Thanks guys!

Yes, my list provider can go nuts with the demographics- however I'm happy to hear that my line of thinking is along both of yours.

I guess the real problem is that I was thinking of using the demographics to make the list size smaller so that I can just buy the list already scrubbed for DNC.

Hmmm... ok... well... I think I'm on the right track- I just need to figure out the list size.

Back