Med Sup Cold Call Results - Bad?

Right when I was ready to start cold calling again, I found this thread, and it brought back the memories of failure when I last tried to cold call. Maybe it's just more call avoidance, but i reworked my opening message to have a stronger value proposition that ends with a question where it almost doesn't matter how the prospect answers it, I can move the conversation forward instead of just saying "Ok, have a good day." Hopefully it works.

If they say they aren't interested, of course we can part ways then, but a wise man once said don't ask questions that can easily be answered with "not interested." On cold calls. Op, I believe you're giving them an easy out. Their knee-jerk response is "no." I would try making your first question open-ended. Makes it slightly harder for them to just blurt out "no."

also, Josh on these forums has a website that goes over some of the theory of cold calling and speaks on the efficacy of opening with "How are you doing?" He says it works best and he's been running a call center for a long time. here's the site:

http://freetelemarketingscripts.com/

Other then that, I think it's about your delivery as well. With inbound calls, or warm outbound calls, otherwise known as leads, you can almost get away with speaking too fast, mumbling. or not sounding very enthusiastic. With outbound cold calls, with people who don't know you, your delivery has to be better, because you're not getting a second and third chance.

If I were you, i would record my voice, and play it back to see how you sound and keep doing that until you can make your voice and message sound the way you want it to.

Last edited:
Josh on these forums has a website that goes over some of the theory of cold calling and speaks on the efficacy of opening with "How are you doing?" He says it works best

I've seen it work well, but it also can be regional. Most of the lead generation with that I've been involved in has also been from the perspective of having a telemarketer call vs an agent don't it themselves, so it may very well be different for each situation. It's definitely what I would start with, do 100 calls or so, then reevaluate.

So I'm getting a lot more people into conversation and that are willing to talk to me. The thing i'm running into is most everyone i'm dialing is on an advantage plans, Is there a way to figure out which areas people are more likely to be on a supplement plan?

So I'm getting a lot more people into conversation and that are willing to talk to me. The thing i'm running into is most everyone i'm dialing is on an advantage plans, Is there a way to figure out which areas people are more likely to be on a supplement plan?

Yes..

Rick or Chris can help.

Look for counties with less than say 20% MA penetraion. Also, consider filtering your lists by income, say $30,000+

Script by ThomasM pretty good one to use.

Look for counties with less than say 20% MA penetraion. Also, consider filtering your lists by income, say $30,000+

Script by ThomasM pretty good one to use.

I will look at the counties with low MA penetration, thanks. as far as income I filter the incom from 40k-60k usually. and have gotten nothing but MA's (Dialing in GA today, i guess MA's are big there.)

----------

Awesome Josh Thanks!

I hear ha. But writing $4k+ working 25 hours a week is hard to pass up. I know y'alls way makes a lot of sense in the long run...

It's called drug money but you haven't taken in consideration the cancellation rate at the end of the day if the numbers were real you would stick to Medicare supplements.

I'm not hammering you per se I'm simply pointing out most final expense agents don't know how to do math.

Based on your numbers if you were to take in to consideration the cancel rate and the renewals of final expense you make nowhere near the amount of money you would doing the Medicare supplements again based on your math or statistics.

Anyway maybe the numbers are based on short term results and that is the confusion.

going to be a dumb question (forgive me im new to this) - looking at the site not really sure where to go on there to see the MA penetration for different areas?

Back