Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum

Reply to Medicare Supplement Cold Calling Script     
Old 06-15-2009, 12:13 AM   #1

State: benl is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Medicare Supplement Cold Calling Script Medicare Supplement Cold Calling Script
Can someone give me an effective, to the point, brief cold calling script for Med Sups please?

Thanks Ben
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Medicare Supplement Cold Calling Script
Old 06-22-2009, 08:33 AM   #2
wwelborn on Medicare Supplement Cold Calling Script - Insurance Forum

State: wwelborn is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
Medicare Supplement Cold Calling Script Re: Medicare Supplement Cold Calling Script
Hey Ben,
In general the best cold calling script is a "warm" call script. What I mean is that you should have some connection to the person you are calling even if it is just the fact you have sent them a postcard.

But if are going to go the pure cold call route, the best advice I can give is to be polite, professional, and direct. As soon as they answer the phone they know it is a sales call, so don't try to make it anything else. Open with something like:
"Hi, this is Ben with ABC Insurance, I'm calling about your medicare supplement insurance policy. Would you be interested in lowering you premium significantly without any change in your coverage?

If they are open to talk, go over how medicare plans from different companies all have the same benefits, how any med supp is accepted by providers who take medicare, and why paying more for a plan doesn't get you any "extra" protection.

From there it is a matter of being personable and professional, so they are at each talking to you. Hope this helps!

Will Welborn
medicaresavings.net
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Medicare Supplement Cold Calling Script
Reply to Medicare Supplement Cold Calling Script 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum

Tags
medicare