Motivation for Cold Calling

You have to figure out what the root motivation is for doing what you are doing, then come up with a powerful statement that will inspire you to action.

Mine is very simple: "If I don't ask, my kids don't eat"

If I don't make that call, If I don't push for one more, If I don't ask someone for their business.........you get the idea and the consequence of a lack of action is that my kids don't eat.

I have used this for 10 years now, and is the most powerful, motivational statement I have ever used.

I've never found a way to get myself motivated to make the calls and I've searched for a long time to find it! I dislike the thought of even making them. You just have to do it anyway, pleasing methods versus pleasing results. Have a set time to start and a set number of calls to make, and don't stop until you get there. If you can't get yourself to do it, this business probably is going to be very frustrating and stressful on you and your family.

Cold calling is not forever if you build your business correctly.

How do you motivate yourself to cold call when your bored or tired? Any tried and true techniques that work for you?

965837647_3b645a8b1f.jpg

Stand up and start dialing. You'll feel better and sound better, and people will react to you in a more positive manner.

I think standing and using a headset are both good ideas.

Back