Motivation for Cold Calling

Thank you, Everyone! Great tips (except for the weed thing...that would make me want to eat and then take a nap...not work)! I'll reference this thread anytime I need some extra motivation.

You guys are great ;)

Re: Motivation...

Expand, please....

I'm talking about doing cold calls and needing motivation to continue calling, even if things are going well.

The first few calls of the day are always tough. The more calls you make the easier it gets. It's basically Cognitive Behavior Therapy - The more you do something you fear, the less you fear it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The first few calls of the day are always tough. The more calls you make the easier it gets. It's basically Cognitive Behavior Therapy - The more you do something you fear, the less you fear it.

Edit - After re-reading your post I see you didn't say anything about being apprehensive about making calls, just being bored and tired. In that case a couple of Spanish Coffees may do the trick ;-)

Last edited:
The best way to motivate yourself is to not do it yourself. I hired 2 callers in my office that came in from 4-8pm every night. I paid them $8 an hour with a $1 bonus for every quote they produced. Every morning I came in and had 9-10 quotes on my desk. I easily paid them off with the new commissions I made and life was much easier. Something to consider.

The best way to motivate yourself is to not do it yourself. I hired 2 callers in my office that came in from 4-8pm every night. I paid them $8 an hour with a $1 bonus for every quote they produced. Every morning I came in and had 9-10 quotes on my desk. I easily paid them off with the new commissions I made and life was much easier. Something to consider.

People really work for that kind of wages? I thought $12/hr + commission was pretty cheap (guess I was wrong).

Back