My First Time Doorknocking

I knocked 34 doors today, my first time ever:
*16 no answers
*7 no interest
*7 leads (send me more info but no apt)
*4 appointments

This took about an hour. I know that this won't prove to be my average, I just got really lucky today. But damn it was exhilarating. It's a huge rush, puts you on a huge high and keeps you going (can you tell I'm new).

For anyone that cares I said this (or some variation):
"Hi My name is _________ with _________, we do insurance...auto, home, life and investments. It's way too nice of a day to be sitting behind a desk so I thought I'd come out and meet some people in the neighbor, what's your name?"

From there I'd wing it, I dunno but it worked (for now)! I only need 5 appointments/week so that's pretty good!

"It's way too nice of a day to be sitting behind a desk so I thought I'd come out..."

That's awesome! Good work!

This took about an hour. I know that this won't prove to be my average, I just got really lucky today. But damn it was exhilarating. It's a huge rush, puts you on a huge high and keeps you going (can you tell I'm new).

The harder and smarter you work... the luckier you get!

If you only need 5 new appointments a week... setting 4 in an hour is HUGE!

Do that every day to build up your habits and excitement. You can cut back after your calendar is FULL.

Keep up the great work!

----------

Oh and for your leads, follow up and put them on a newsletter list too.

Excellent encouragement guys, thank you! I like the newsletter idea. Keep contacting them, hopefully they will think of you down the road. Kind of merging "today prospecting" and "tomorrow prospecting" together.

Stop Missing The Easy Sales - Insurance Pro Shop - YouTube

Remember that Edward Jones Advisors are taught to get 25 people to keep in contact with EVERY DAY when they are first starting. They keep in contact via phone by pitching a bond rate (or something) and then building the relationship from there. Of course, they are looking for INVESTORS... and they make a LOT LESS on investments than agents make selling insurance. So we don't HAVE to work as hard every day as they do.

Invite them to workshops, send newsletters, offer a review, etc. Just keep doing it until they tell you to stop calling.

What type of neighborhoods did you hit? I did a lot of door knocking over the summer and have yet to get ANY business from it. I'm thinking now that summer is over and more people are home I need to start this again.

What type of neighborhoods did you hit? I did a lot of door knocking over the summer and have yet to get ANY business from it. I'm thinking now that summer is over and more people are home I need to start this again.

It was a small town of 600 in west central MN. People are approachable. They were working on outdoor projects, playing with kids...those were the best leads. Its a whoppping hour of experience though so take it with a grain of salt.

Latest posts

Back