Is my Telemarketer Doing a Good Job? Or Flubbing the Numbers?

According what i have read, you say that the list contains mostly people under 55. You are calling people that work so short of one spouse not working and staying home or catching someone home on their day off or sick you calling people that work. Contact rate should be almost 0 calling before 5:30. Also, some dialing systems will count an answer mach as a pick up but I am not sure how the dialing system you use works.

According what i have read, you say that the list contains mostly people under 55. You are calling people that work so short of one spouse not working and staying home or catching someone home on their day off or sick you calling people that work. Contact rate should be almost 0 calling before 5:30. Also, some dialing systems will count an answer mach as a pick up but I am not sure how the dialing system you use works.

^^^
I am the owner of a telemarketing firm - telemarketing to the 50+ crowd is very different than telemarketing to the folks < 50.

I would recommend evenings and Saturday mornings if that is your target market.

Have YOU actually tried using the same dialer you are having ur marketer use (mojo)? Unless you know how to use the system, ur employee/marketer never will. Just a thought.

Have YOU actually tried using the same dialer you are having ur marketer use (mojo)? Unless you know how to use the system, ur employee/marketer never will. Just a thought.

I've spent hours on mojo myself, but it's been a while. She used mojo at her previous job so we're pretty well versed in how it works.

----------

True about the 55 and under target. However, I did state a few times that we've called at all hours of the day. One week I'll have her call morning, the next early afternoon, the next late afternoon, and the evening. The results have been consistently the same: low contact rate... hence my OP.

Very sorry for the lack of update.

We've since scrapped our telemarketer (for other reasons). We then wanted to run our own comparison by having the producer make calls instead. We also raised the "go to next call" threshold from 5 rings to 7 rings.

We had a bit more luck. Our contact ratio went from about 2% to closer to 5%. Still low, but better.

We also closed a $10,000 (in premium) account within a week or two of having the producer call instead of the telemarketer.

Yes, you'll get more voicemail at 7 rings, but (apparently) you'll also get more pickups as well.

I'm not sure any of this is concrete, or just chance but I wanted to update everyone who participated in the original discussion. And thank you!!

We've since scrapped our telemarketer (for other reasons). We then wanted to run our own comparison by having the producer make calls instead. We also raised the "go to next call" threshold from 5 rings to 7 rings.

We had a bit more luck. Our contact ratio went from about 2% to closer to 5%. Still low, but better.

We also closed a $10,000 (in premium) account within a week or two of having the producer call instead of the telemarketer.

Yes, you'll get more voicemail at 7 rings, but (apparently) you'll also get more pickups as well.

I'm not sure any of this is concrete, or just chance but I wanted to update everyone who participated in the original discussion. And thank you!!

I have been doing phone call marketing for years.. the one thing I have learned is there is only so much you can do to control contact rate. Adding the extra rings was a good move, it does help. Depending on the age group I find for the retired group answers more in the 8 -10 am calls. There is a certain cegment of the population that are just not going to answer the phone PERIOD. You can change the number you call from,hide it, change the time and everything else but if they don't know you they are not going to answer. As ironic as this might sound, if you let the leads rest a while (30 days) then hit them again you will get more to answer the phone. Hope this helps

Greetings Mr.Hall,

-You hit something on the head that cannot be quantified when you said "The Agent/Producer" vs the TM and their success. I feel strongly that a lic agent will have more success on cold calls and by that I mean turning them into actual deals because there is an internal flame/ability to close/ability to think quickly on your feet...all this helps move a cold call to a warm call much faster, a basic TM is not going to have the knowledge that a lic agent has.

-And when you actually do gain interest from the person on the other end of the phone...how much momentum is lost trying to get that person to remain interested from TM to Agent...that's the real secret sauce if there is even such a thing.

Please come back and don't be a total stranger, your feedback and posts are valuable information.

-Thanks!

Back