Is my Telemarketer Doing a Good Job? Or Flubbing the Numbers?

Hi everyone!

Just curious to those who are experienced with telemarketing:
We hired a 1099 telemarketer a couple of months ago, and ever 2 weeks I run a report (using Mojo) to show me her contact ratio vs. minutes dialed.

Here's the results (so far):
02/01 to 02/14:
Dial time (hrs): 28.5hrs
Calls made: 1867
Contacts made: 194 = 10%

02/14 to 03/01:
Dial time (hrs): 24.9hrs
Calls made: 1794
Contacts made: 54 = 3%

03/01 to 03/14:
Dial time (hrs): 24.1hrs.
Calls made: 1932
Contacts made: 20 = 1%

:no:

Total "qualified" leads I've received so far? Only 12.
(Qualified = a prospect that is receptive to me quoting them, and follows through with the scheduled phone appointment)

The biggest thing that troubles me is the contact rate. I know she's pretty good on the phone, she uses a good script and has a nice tone.

Are these contact rates normal? I'm using ListShack - maybe my lists suck? I tried a small "aged leads" list of about 150 numbers in an attempt to reach more CELL phones, with no success. Although, too small of a sample size to know anything definitive.

Any advice from you rockstars out there?

Hi everyone!

Just curious to those who are experienced with telemarketing:
We hired a 1099 telemarketer a couple of months ago, and ever 2 weeks I run a report (using Mojo) to show me her contact ratio vs. minutes dialed.

Here's the results (so far):
02/01 to 02/14:
Dial time (hrs): 28.5hrs
Calls made: 1867
Contacts made: 194 = 10%

02/14 to 03/01:
Dial time (hrs): 24.9hrs
Calls made: 1794
Contacts made: 54 = 3%

03/01 to 03/14:
Dial time (hrs): 24.1hrs.
Calls made: 1932
Contacts made: 20 = 1%

:no:

Total "qualified" leads I've received so far? Only 12.
(Qualified = a prospect that is receptive to me quoting them, and follows through with the scheduled phone appointment)

The biggest thing that troubles me is the contact rate. I know she's pretty good on the phone, she uses a good script and has a nice tone.

Are these contact rates normal? I'm using ListShack - maybe my lists suck? I tried a small "aged leads" list of about 150 numbers in an attempt to reach more CELL phones, with no success. Although, too small of a sample size to know anything definitive.

Any advice from you rockstars out there?

Sure seems odd that contact ratio has gone so drastically and steadily downhill.

Hi everyone! Just curious to those who are experienced with telemarketing: We hired a 1099 telemarketer a couple of months ago, and ever 2 weeks I run a report (using Mojo) to show me her contact ratio vs. minutes dialed. Here's the results (so far): 02/01 to 02/14: Dial time (hrs): 28.5hrs Calls made: 1867 Contacts made: 194 = 10% 02/14 to 03/01: Dial time (hrs): 24.9hrs Calls made: 1794 Contacts made: 54 = 3% 03/01 to 03/14: Dial time (hrs): 24.1hrs. Calls made: 1932 Contacts made: 20 = 1% :no: Total "qualified" leads I've received so far? Only 12. (Qualified = a prospect that is receptive to me quoting them, and follows through with the scheduled phone appointment) The biggest thing that troubles me is the contact rate. I know she's pretty good on the phone, she uses a good script and has a nice tone. Are these contact rates normal? I'm using ListShack - maybe my lists suck? I tried a small "aged leads" list of about 150 numbers in an attempt to reach more CELL phones, with no success. Although, too small of a sample size to know anything definitive. Any advice from you rockstars out there?

The contact ratio seems terrible. What state are you calling in?

12 "qualified" leads in 80 hours of calling? What script are you using?

Any time you buy a list it could be that the list sucks, but the metrics your looking at aren't really telling you that. Will Mojo tell you want the disconnect rate is? Will it also tell you when they're calling? For example, I had someone call up wanting to cancel "because the lists suck". We get to talking and come to find out they're calling all ages and doing it from 4 pm to 8 pm. Well, that poses a few problems, not the least of which are the fact that it doesn't matter what age group you're calling, 4pm - 6pm is when a lot of people are eating. For seniors you're better off calling earlier in the day (10am-noon is ideal) and for the younger crowd 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm is pretty much as good as it gets.

A 10% contact rate is low, but a 1% contact rate is alarming. As a list broker I have access to the same lists that generally run a little more accurate, but the quality difference between the two is usually underwhelming, especially compared to other issues.

Is this for Med Supps? 12 leads is unacceptable. You should monitor her calls without her knowing so you can find out what's going on. She could be randomly hanging up on prospects.

My product is voluntary supplemental benefits to businesses up to 50 employees.

I furnish a targeted list that I put together myself, and pay one individual $25 per sitting appointment, instead of by the hour, and then $25 per sale.

She works three days per week. (Tues-Thurs, and sets her own hours) Last Tuesday, she worked two hours - made 36 calls - contacted 18 (half) and made 6 appointments. Five kept the appointment, and I sold three.

So, two hours, 36 calls, 18 contacts, and 5 sitting appointments. For the two hours, she made $125 ($25X5 sitting appointments) and another $75 ($25X3 sales) for a total of $200 for her two hours on the phone for that day. Oh yeah, we have a sliding scale for an additional bonus depending on monthly sales.

My experience has been - if a phone person is 'worth their salt' you don't have to pay them by the hour, or 'keep your thumb' on what they are doing.

could be everything mentioned above, Also if is a list problem coupled with wrong calling times and She is paid based on production then she could be getting discouraged.

If she not paid based on production and she is working from home could be a case of when the cat's away.

Sure seems odd that contact ratio has gone so drastically and steadily downhill.

I agree, but one caviat that I just remembered (and I should have included) is the first 2 week period she was calling from MY old list of OLD internet leads I had acquired at a previous agency. This list was super old, but surely had more cell phone numbers etc. which made me think I might not be providing her with quality lists.

----------

Are you using a quality list or unlimited downloads? That will have a huge bearing on how you do.

Rick

Hmmm, I'm definitely using unlimited downloads, $50/mo.

I wasn't aware there were such a product called 'quality lists' from Listshack? Or am I misinterpreting that? Are you simply saying "you should get a better quality list"? lol

If so, any recommendations? Preferably lists that don't just look at whitepages/home phone numbers? Aged leads keep sounding like a good idea to me because 1) more cell phone numbers and 2) we can "pretend" we've already built a warm relationship in the past - even if "you may not remember" lol

Hmmm, I'm definitely using unlimited downloads, $50/mo.

I wasn't aware there were such a product called 'quality lists' from Listshack? Or am I misinterpreting that? Are you simply saying "you should get a better quality list"? lol

If so, any recommendations? Preferably lists that don't just look at whitepages/home phone numbers? Aged leads keep sounding like a good idea to me because 1) more cell phone numbers and 2) we can "pretend" we've already built a warm relationship in the past - even if "you may not remember" lol

Not putting down the quality of anyone who peddles lists as their business model. But send me your contact info via email (below) if you wish more information of what I have been told to be the best qualify lists available.

Rick

Back